Chapter 35

---Ciel's P.O.V.---

I'm still stuck in the dream-like state of my mind. I've found the portal, and jumped through and now I've been in my own personal hell for the last 3 weeks. Conquering this place is definantly a challenge. Beasts are a huge problem here, there's not nearly as many at home as there is here. It seems that the only way to fight is with my magic though, no wonder why nobody with the same magic as me has ever gotten through... I've learned a lot more about fighting though, and I can make people even eliminate themselves. The only problem, it takes a while for the effects to work, and drains me of a lot of magic. I really hope that I can get back soon to see Elenore... I really miss her.

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

I have been going to the hospital every day to see Ciel, hoping that I can see him when he wakes up. Is it selfish that I want to be the first thing he sees when he wakes? I'm on my way to see him right now, along with Wendy for a status update. We finally arrived. She immediately went to work and I sat there patiently waiting for an answer. When she turned to me, I saw something in her eye. She was worried.
"W-what's wrong Wendy? Is something the matter with you?"
"I-I..." she started to tear up.
"What is it Wendy? You can tell me." I began to grow more worried by the second.
"He-he... I... I can't figure it out. He-he's not responding to me... What's wrong with him?!" she bawled. Reality finally hit me. He's dying, and there isn't anything we can do about it. I sat there, unable to cry or feel any emotion. Wendy just cried and cried, and all I could do was sit there. Slowely, one single tear slid down my cheek, slowing half way, then rushing off of my chin as if a final escape from captivity. That's all I could give him. One, single tear. I've cried so much, even when they assured me he would be okay, and now that he isn't, I give one measly tear?
I walked out of the room with my bangs hanging over my eyes and began the journey back home. Wendy left a little while before me so I could be alone. During that time, I sat beside him and brushed his cheek with my thumb, begging for him to be alright. He looked peaceful for a few minutes, but then his face would twist back up in pain every so often. My heart broke seeing him like this. If only I could heal instead of burn... Maybe then I could be more useful. I would give up my magic any day of it meant he lived. I decided that tomorrow, I would spend the whole day there, even spend the night if I have to. I won't leave his side until either he dies, or gets better. When I reached home, I jumped right into the bath to clear my head, and dressed into just one of his old shirts and slept in his room.
'I really miss you... Ciel.'