Chapter 72

---Ciel's P.O.V.---

We've been fighting in a war against these demons for months now. I believe it's around April, due to all the rain we've been having. I remember how it all started, we were setting up camp and they attacked, declaring that they wanted our lives, thus starting the war.
It's been a fierce battle, and it seems like the opposing end has endless numbers. We barely have time to eat or sleep anymore, but we're managing.
Right now, I'm guessing we have about 2 hours before more of them are sent in, which gives us time to bathe, eat, and nap. I'm on first watch with Ele, the guys are making dinner, and the girls are bathing.
"Hey, Ele?"
"Hmm? What is it?"
"... I was wondering, do you think we'll win? I mean, do you think all of us will make it out with our lives?"
"Hmm... I'm not sure. At the rate were going, I think very few of us will make it if any. I'm scared though... I don't want to loose anyone else. I want all of us to make it out together." she looked down sadly at her hands. Then, filled with sudden determination she looked me in the eyes, "That's why... That's why I'll make sure of it! I'll make sure that we all make it through this, no matter what." she held her fist up with a stern look on her face.
She looked so cute like that and I couldn't keep a straight face for long. I tried holding back a laugh and put my hand over my mouth, but failed. Little by little, my laugh became more known. She slowly squinted her eyes, then rested her fist.
"Are you... Laughing at me?" she asked suspiciously. "I'm being serious you know! Way to boost my confidence, Ciel." she said that last part sarcastically.
"I'm, I'm sorry. It was just, you just looked so cute, I couldn't help it." I said through giggles.
A blush rose to her cheeks and she folded her arms across her chest and turned away from me.
"Well... We'll see how funny it is after were out of this mess because me." she faced me again and stuck her tongue out.
"Awe come on now, what are we? Four?"
"M'hmm. I sure am!"
Lucy called to us, informing that dinner was ready.
"Race you there?"
"Sure. Ready, se-"
"GO!" she cut me off and started running.
"H-hey! No fair! I wasn't ready!" I chased after her but she had beat me there.
"I win!" she laughed and held up the victory sign. "Better luck next time!"
After dinner, she went to bathe and I waited for her to finish before I went myself. When the both of us finished, we still had about 30 minutes left.
During this time, we all talked and readied ourselves for the next attack.

---Gray's P.O.V.---

I can't believe the numbers We have against us. How have we made it this long? We should all be dead. The sheer numbers alone should be enough to kill us, so how?
Elenore and Maura are even having a hard time, and together they're nearly invincible.
I fear that this is only the beginning though. They have something else planned, for sure. Maybe a bigger assult, with stronger opponents. If we want to make it out alive, we're going to need a strategy.