Chapter 79

---Maura's P.O.V.---

On my way out, I stumbled upon a grousome scene. Before, I had heard the clashing of magic attacks against metal. I tried not to think of it as a neared the exit, hoping that whoever attacked was successful. However, I was wrong. Blood covered the wall in thick, sticky layers, seeping through the newly-made cracks in the wall. There was a dark-pulse singe on the walls, and strewn objects everywhere. I still sensed a faint magic power coming from nearby. Men had helmets and armour smashed in with blood slowly leaking out, and some even had their own swords pushed deep inside them. The looks of horror on their faces... Whoever attacked must have been powerful. When I lifted my eyes from the scene, I saw a young man, hanging from a pillar by a sword pinned into his chest and through the wall. Another young man was lying on the floor, face down with a dagger through his back. Both had black hair. It only took a moment for me to figure out who they were. The attack patterns used during this battle are the same as my closest friends in the battlefield. This was Jacob and Ciel.

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

When I walked in, she quickly spun around to face me.
"Why, little manners we have don't we?" she asked, mockingly.
"I'm ready to get this treaty over with. I want to go back home and see my friends, not sit here in your palace full of wretched demons every morning and putting on skimpy outfits whilst having my hair tugged and pulled into different styles and having my face feel like cement with all this make-up. Does our agreement still stand or not?" I huffed.
"Hmm... Yes. Alright, noon then. For now, go down and have breakfast. I'm sure they all have it ready by now."
I turned and walked out from the bedroom, heading twords the dining room. My heart raced a little faster as I got nearer, as I feared what kind of demons I was going to have to meet. When I finally did arrive, there were various foods and servants still scrambling about. The servants ranged in age, height, race, and size. They all seemed pretty normal, except for one who stood far off in the back of the room alone. He seemed to be watching everything instead of helping, so I assumed that he was the one who calmed everyone earlier. He was about 7 feet tall, thin, and a dark green color. His skin texture matched one of a toad, and his face was disturbing. He had fangs that came from the bottom of his wide mouth, yellow eyes that bulged from his skull, pointed ears, and a wide, long nose with big nostrils. He has some kind of septum piercing too, with a short stick through the hole of his nose. I noticed that his hands were quite large, with talons like a hawk, and feet to match. His skin also had some discoloration to it, some kind of purple mixed in every here-and-there.
I sat down at the table and waited for my host to arrive. She came back a few minutes after I had sat, and we began to eat.