Chapter 38

---Lucy's P.O.V.---

Ciel just told us all that he had bought his own place and Elenore is gonna move in with him. I was shocked. Not only am I happy for him, but I happened to get my own place as well. Griffin moved out of town too. That leaves this house to Gray and Wendy.
We all started packing up our things and Elenore has to be quiet because of Jacob, so we let her be.

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

I went to go pack and check up on Jacob but he wasn't there. I looked around frantically for him, but he was nowhere to be seen. I decided just to pack and take my mind off of it and look for him when I'm finished. I mostly just have clothes and a few trinkets from my friends, so I was done in about 2 hours or so. I was actually done before everyone else, so I went to scribble a note to tell them I stepped out. When I reached for the note pad, I saw a note already there. It was from Jacob. I sighed in relief, knowing that his powers didn't take over again or anything crazy like that. I also noticed that the sandwich I left him was gone. 'It's good that he ate before leaving...' I thought to myself. I tore the note and inspected it further and read it silently to myself.

'Thank you for everything. In really sorry for all the pain I caused
~Jacob'
I then write a note of my own, saying that I'll be out for a while and I'll be back soon. I signed my name at the bottom of the paper and grabbed my thickest coat then left. It is now winter, and it was currently snowing. Even though I control fire, I still get chilly. Plus, it never hurts to be extra warm and cozy. I pulled the hood up and the fur from the inside poked out from the sides and half-hiding my face. I began walking around looking for Jacob or any signs of where he was. I didn't notice too many footprints because most people don't go out during the storms. However, I did notice that as I walked through the snow, it melted behind me, leaving a clear path. I kept moving forward in hopes that I would find him soon. When he left my house all he had was the bandages and his trousers on, so he must be freezing by now. After 30 minutes or so of searching, I became worried. Then I thought of looking for him at his house. I ran quickly there and knocked on the door, impatient for him to answer I just barged in.
"Jacob I'm sorry I-"
He was sleeping peacefully on the couch. A wave of relieve washed over me. His bandages looked okay, so I didn't need to change them yet, and his hair was damp so I assumed he took a bathed. 'He probably changed his badages himself after batheing.'
I walked over to him and touched his forehead and noticed his fever was gone, but he was really cool to the touch. I took off my coat and laid it on him, then went back outside to pick him up something to eat so he doesn't have to leave his home again.
When I got back, he was still asleep so I set a pastry down beside him for when he wakes, and put other food items in the refrigerator. As I was leaving, I thought I heard him mumble in his sleep, but I quickly shut the door behind me and went back home to see if Ciel was finished packing.
"Tomorrow is the day Ele! We can have our own place, and don't have to worry about anything." he smiled at me.
I smiled back and nodded excitedly, ready for the big day. I was able to sleep in my own bed again since Jacob was back at his place. I dressed in my pajamas and jumped in bed, and rolled up in my blanket. I noticed that my curtains on the window were still open, and I left my bathroom light on, but I was too lazy to get back up so I left them alone. I closed my eyes and fell asleep almost instantly.