Chapter 5

---Lucy's P.O.V.---

I walked to Elenore's house after I received an 'urgent' message from her. It was pretty late, but I didn't mind. When I arrived, she was waiting outside, covered in a strange, gooey substance. I could tell she was pissed because her hands were having trouble to keep from igniting. "What happened to you?!"
She was sobbing, "G-Gray had a f-fake party set up and t-they did this to m-me." I could hardly understand what she was saying she was so quiet. I helped her clean up but we couldn't figure out what they dumped on her, and it wouldn't come out of her clothes. 'Damn it! I'll kill Gray! That was her favorite dress!' "I'm so sorry Elenore..." I wrapped her in a hug. She told me about how they saw her flames, and how they called her names. "What am I going to do Lucy? They probably know that I was the one controlling the fire..."
"I don't know, but I'm lucky of wasn't me or I would've turned the whole place to ash!" I said, trying to lighten the mood. "This is a curse now everyone at school will know!" "Well, were there any bright lights? We could wrap your hand in gauze so people think that you got burned really bad."
"That sounds like a good idea Lucy, thanks!" She smiled. 'How long has it been since I had to cheer her up like this? A year? Two?' Elenore snapped me back to reality, stating that she couldn't go to school tomorrow and she'll get her mum to call in sick for her. I had to admit, Elenore was a good actress when it came to being 'sick'. 'How am I going to tell the guys?'
T

he next day I broke the news after school and we went to go visit Elenore. She was still pretty upset but she had found a bandage she could use for her hand. Its wasn't actually burned, thank God, but she still needed to learn to control her power. It took a while, but we finally convinced her mother to let us take hr with us back to 'my house'. We were not going there, but instead a discrete location that looked totally deserted to help her 'train'. Luckily, Griffin's parents had a flame-retardant suit that could fit Ciel perfectly. He was a little reluctant to put it on, but eventually gave in but 'just because it's Elenore'.

---Ciel's P.O.V.---

"Okay Ele, shoot when your ready!" I braced myself for the impact, not knowing how strong it might be.
.
.
.
Still waiting.
"Ele?"
"Oh shoot... I-I can't do it!" I opened my eyes and saw her trying several methods to get her fire going, none of which worked. "Ciel, your gonna have to make me mad!"
"?! H-HOW DO I DO THAT?!" I shouted.
"I don't know but do something!"
I thought back and remembered that she hated when I called her... "Hey! Nora!" I giggled "How you been!". Immediately I saw flames pouring from her hand like a faucet. "Wow ok Ele! Take it easy! It was a jo-" *cough*
She ran at me full force and punched me right in my gut. "Owe!" "S-sorry! Ciel are you okay?!"
*cough cough* "Yea I'm... I'm fine" I smiled to convince her. 'That hurt!'
"That was really good Elenore, try it again."
"No, I think I'm done for today, I don't want to hurt you again." "! N-no! You didn't hurt me... You just knocked the air out of me that's all!" 'That's a lie...' She still refused. Later when I got home, I found a bruise on my stomach from where she had hit me. 'She can't know about this...' I took a shower and got dressed. Wen I finished I texted her "Hey Ele good job today! Let's try against tomorrow yeah? But... Maybe Griffin should put on the suit."
"Yeah sure :) you really think I did good?"
"Of course! I hate to admit it but, it really did some damage XD"
"oh no! I'm so sorry! How can I make it up to you?"
My heart raced with the idea of her owing me something... 'Let's play the waiting game...'
"Well, I'll have to get back to you on that :) anyways, goodnight Elenore"
"Yeah, goodnight :)"
And with that, I was asleep.