Chapter 49

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

He addmited it. Jacob really does like me. Now it was really awkward, and we didn't talk much after that. Eventually he appologized and got up... Trying to leave me alone with my thoughts. I feel really bad, because I have Ciel.
"I'll just go..."
"W-wait!"
"...yeah?"
"Uh..." I have no idea why I stopped him. He just stood there, waiting for me to answer.
"Uh... Y-you don't have to leave. We can change the subject of you want..." 'What is wrong with me!? Earth to Elenore!'
"Hello!?" he snapped me out of my thoughts.
"Huh? Oh sorry... What did you say?"
"I said wouldn't you rather me leave? I don't want to make any trouble for you and Ciel..." he said, "plus he would probably kill me." he mumbled that last part.
"No really. It's fine! Plus, it's not like we're gonna do anything wrong by being friends." I smiled at him.
He looked really surprised, and then I saw a hint of pink spatter his cheeks.
"I-I... Are you sure? I really don't wa-"
I cut him off, "I'm sure. Now come back here and talk."
He slowely walked back over to me and sat down, his face growing more and more red. It doesn't look like Ciel is gonna wake up anytime soon, so we both moved him inside the tent and covered him up with a light blanket. We both then went to colloect some food for me to make dinner, and he came back with some game and I stumbled across some nuts and berries. We ate in silence and I could tell he was really thinking about something. 'Man I wish I could read minds...'
Just when I thought that, he spoke to me. "Elenore."
"Yeah?"
"... Do you... Uh... Never mind."
"What? No what is it?"
"... Do you love Ciel?"
"What? Of course I do!"
He looked disappointed by my answer, "Oh... Makes sense I guess... Sorry I asked."
"No it's fine! Uh... Jacob?" he didn't answer.
"Jacob? Come on we need to go inside!"
"Why?"
"Don't you feel it? Its about to start pouring! Let's go." before I could stand up, I was drenched and so was he. "Come on hurry!"
I went to start running to the tents, but he grabbed my wrist. I turned around, and he was staring at my feet.
"J-Jacob?" he pulled me close to him.
"Jaco-" I was interputed from my sentence when he pressed his lips to mine.