Chapter 75

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

We're in. We were successful in sneaking in with a group of other demons who have a more human-like form. They walked around, checking for anything wrong with their precious spawning-portal, waited for a new group to arrive, then escorted them out quickly from he room. All the while, Maura and I have been hiding next to pillars by the doorway, sneaking in the shadows. As soon as we felt safe enough, we quietly raced to the portal.
"Now what?" Maura asked exactly what I was thinking. My plan didn't make me think we would get this far, considering how vast their army is.
"Hmm... Wait for me here. Stay hidden, I'm going in."
"No way! You're not leaving without me! What if something were to happen!?"
"I can hold myself! I'll be careful... I promise. Just, stay safe here. I'll be back before the next group arrives."
She gave me a hesistant yet stern look. I could tell that she didn't want me to go, especially not alone.
Truth is, I know I won't make it out, but I have to convince her to stay. My plan is to try and close the portal from inside, meaning I have no way to escape. If I can manage that much, hopefully Maura will realise and just go back to the others.
"Maura, we have to hurry! Just let me go, I'll be back. I promise."
I'm lying through my teeth with every word, but she has to stay.
She looked at me once more, before finally nodding. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath and walked to the portal. Before I stepped in, I ran back over to her, squeezing her in a tight hug.
"I love you." I breathed in her scent, taking as much time as I could. This will be the last time I see her, or any of my friends for that matter.
"I love you too...? Why are you crying?"
It was then I noticed the years gently falling from my eyes and down my cheeks. I quickly wiped them, "I'm not. I just love you so much. Don't forget that." I smiled and stepped into te portal Before she could question my reasoning for the sentence.
Don't forget that.

---Demon World---

The demon world isn't anything I expected. Its much like our world, but the residents look different. The grass is a. Different color, it's more red. The sky is dust brown, water is murky, and the houses are dull. Other than that, it's identical.
Almost forgetting my time sensitive mission, I stand up and rush to the tallest building. I assume where I'm headed is their town hall or something, or wherever their ruler is.
I dart inside, mustering up everything I have to keep up my pace. When I arrive, I'm short of breath and having heart palpitations due to my anxiousness. I don't want to leave everyone, but I know that if I don't do this, we will loose this war.
I stand, with new confidence. I calmly open the door with my remaining strength, making my presence well known.
I look up more directly into the building and step in further.
"Your majesty, pardon the interuption, but I request we negotiate a treaty."
I noticed that there was no queen, but a princess. A beautiful princess at that. She looked nothing like a demon, but a goddess.