Chapter 52

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

When Ciel and I were starting to wake up, we felt a mysterious, dark presence outside. I was terrified of what would be out there, and looked at Ciel. He looked really upset and I heard him whisper in an angry voice, "Jacob." I looked at him and he opened the tent, to reveal exactly who he said would be there.
"What do you want!?" yelled Ciel. He walked forward, ready to fight. He was then launched back into the tent, and landed with a slight groan.
"I am not Jacob Green, I am Markiunreth of the Demon Realm. As you .at have noticed, Jacob has done some... Strange things. But this was me. I made him kiss Elenore. You tried to kill your friend Ciel, and worse, you almost did. But for no reason. Take this as a ransom, you will give me what I want and I will release this poor creature."
"How do we know this isn't just some prank for forgiveness!?" shouted Ciel, fully recovered.
"Could Jacob do this?" the thing then opened a portal to the Demon Realm, revealing dozens of horrid creatures trying to crawl through.
"Okay stop!" I yelled, heart racing, "We'll do what you want!" Ciel looked at me like I was crazy, but I paid no attention to it. "What do you want?"
"Go to the unclaimed land where Jacob was at, this land is claimed by me and I intend for it I stay that way."
"Okay deal."
"Good. Be on your way now."
With that, the demon left Jacob and he cried out in pain, falling to his hands and knees. He looked terrible, and yet he still tried to apologize for his- no, the demons actions.
"S-s...sorry." he lost consciousness shortly after.
"This is ridiculous. Come on, let's move." said Ciel. I could tell he was really tense.
I started to pack up our few items, and Ciel carried Jacob. I insisted that we bring him, I felt really bad. Then it hit me, Jacob didn't kiss me... A demon did. What does that thing want with me?

---Ciel's P.O.V.---

Great. If this day couldn't already be any worse, now we have ANOTHER demon to fight. This Jacob's magic... It's always getting us into trouble! If we end up having to fight this thing, so help me! We trudged through the forest to where Jacob had been hiding, our "new home" for the time being. Luckily, the town's people started to get the town built without us... They insisted on starting so soon and without our help. We finally reached it, so I set down Jacob and help Ele set up camp again. She was really thinking about something, so I asked what was on her mind. She said she doesn't really wanna talk about it, so I let her be. I was tempted to see for myself, but I respected her wishes. When we finished, it was around 11:00. I laid back onto a rock and tried to relax the best I could, but was too tense to really relax at all. I think Ele noticed because she scootched closer and leaned her head on me.
"Ciel?"
"Yeah?"
"... Why do you think a demon made Jacob kiss me?"
"Is this what's been on your mind?"
"Yeah... What do you think?"
"Hmm... I didn't really think about it to be honest. I really have no clue though."
We sat in silence for a moment and then I tried to lighten the mood, "Maybe it's just because your so cute." I laughed.
"Oh my gosh, Ciel!" she giggled, "I'm being serious!" she said, playfully hitting my arm.
"Oh you are? It doesn't sound like it since your laughing so hard!" I continued laughing, as did she. When we finally finished, it was a more comfortable silence. I smiled down, at her and wrapped her in my arms. "All I know is that I will never let you go to anyone else. I promise."