Chapter 45

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

I woke up pretty late.
'Shoot!'
I jumped up and unzipped my tent, then ran off to see where Jacob and Ciel were. It looks like they were talking about something important, and I heard something about me. I decided to ignore it and went to gather Jacob's gift. After I had it nearly folded beside me, I went out and warmed up some leftovers and ate, waiting for them to come back. It sure was taking them a long time, because I had already finished eating. I laid back on a rock and started humming to myself... An old song my mum used to sing to me when I was little. I felt a tear slowly go down my cheek as I remembered her, but quickly wiped it off once I heard the boys coming over.
"H-hey Elenore." Jacob seemed a little nervous about something again.
"Hey! Jacob I have a surprise for you... Wait here!"
He nodded and I went inside my tent, "Close your eyes!"
I looked to see if they were closed, and they were so I put the clothes behind my back.
"Okay... Now put out your hands!"
He slowly put his hands out in front of him.
"No peeking!" I placed the clothes into his hands, "Okay... Open!" I smiled brightly.
He opened his eyes and looked at the newly-mended clothes in awe.
"Tah-Dah! I worked on them all night so you don't have to wear the same clothes... Do you like them?"
He didn't answer right away and I started to get worried. I looked to Ciel and he was concentrating on something, so I got no reassurance. I then looked back at Jacob and he smiled sweetly, "Thank you so much Elenore!"
I was overjoyed that he liked them! In my excitement I hugged him.
"I'm so glad you like them!" I think he was confused as to why I hugged him... So I let go out of embarrassment and I could tell my cheeks were tinted pink. I caught Jacob looking at me so I looked away.
"A-anyways... I'm gonna go bathe. See you guys soon."
I ran off to the river and undressed, not bothering to look around like I normally do. I set my clothes our carefully on a tree branch then stepped inside the curtain so nobody could see me. I sat down carefully into the water, not moving for a while. It was already warm since I woke up so late, so at least I wasn't freezing. I sighed and began scrubbing my body, but then got more gentle as I reached my chest. It still bothered me from time to time, but right now it didn't hurt as bad. When I went to get out however, it reopened and started bleeding again. I grunted, and began cleaning it... Again... I realized it wouldn't stop bleeding for a while, so I called out to the boys to bring me some bandages. Jacob came and was being cautious about not looking in.
"Jacob... I need bandages please? One of my wounds re-opened..."
"Uh... Sure thing. I'll be back."
It took him a few minutes, but I heard him running back soon after that thought. The only problem now is that... I have to open the curtain for him to hand me them. Even if it's just a little... I'm afraid he'll see me once it's open. My cheeks turned bright red at that thought...
"Uh... J-Jacob?"
"Yeah?"
"Can... Can you look away? I'll just get them if you hold them out..."
"O-oh. Erm... Yeah sure."
I opened the curtain and prayed he wasn't peeking, grabbed the bandages and wrapped then around it, then got dressed and met up with everyone for dinner.