Chapter 57

---Maura's P.O.V.---

I feel like I could really like this place... And these people. It feels like I've known Jacob for a long time, I feel really comfortable when I'm around him. He makes me feel safe. When I finished talking with him and eating dinner, I felt like I needed to give him a hug. I squeezed him tight in my arms, and soon after he hugged me back. I smiled and just stayed there like that for a while. When it was time for bed, I saw that Elenore and Ciel fell asleep side by side. That leaves me and Jacob! I walked to his side and laid down, facing the wall and he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to him. 'This is so comfortable... Being with him. I could get used to this!' I thought quietly to myself. I quickly fell asleep.

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

I can't believe how well Maura and Jacob are getting along... Its like she already knows him. I snuggled closer to Ciel and fell asleep. When we all woke up in the morning, breakfast was already made by Maura. To my surprise, she really knows how to cook! When we finished eating, we were trying to think of something to do for the day. I couldn't help but notice how Jacob would just stare at Maura, lost in thought at times. I decided that we should all go for a walk, but split up in teams so it's not so crowded. Ciel and I were going to take a mountain side path, and Maura and Jacob would take one that wasn't so rough since we don't know how clumsy she is yet. Their path was going to be along side a river which leads to a cliff at the end with an amazing view. At the end of Ciel and I's path, we would be at the summit with a pretty good view as well. We would meet back up at dawn for dinner. I was a little hesitant to let Maura go by herself with Jacob, but I eventually gave in after she begged for several minutes. Ciel and I started on our way and I turned one last time to make sure everything was alright. 'I can't wait for her to get back and tell me everything!'
Even though I've only techically known her for a day, she's been a part of me my whole life and I'm gonna miss her while we're gone. This will be our first time being separated from eachother. At the same time I had all this worry, I was also really happy for her. I smiled and continued walking with Ciel, casually stopping to look around at all the beautiful scenery. When we reached the summit, it was a little past noon, so we decided to eat while we were there. When we finished, we heard some russling in the bushes behind us, so we turned and saw that it was the little bunny from a few night ago! I threw some of our leftover fruit to it and watched it take it away. We then packed everything back up and traveled back down the mountain, waiting for Jacob and Maura to arrive for dinner.