Chapter 41

---Ciel's P.O.V.---

Jacob and I carried Elenore to our house and before I could even properly place her on the bed, he jumped outside and ran back to the monster waiting outside. I kissed Ele on the forehead before following him out, but he had already been set to work. I sat a little ways back to use my own magic and not be in the way of fire. I'm lucky I was were I was, otherwise I would be been taken out by a beam of energy. It was however really close to the home with Ele. I heard Jacob yell for me to stay back, so I went to check on her before he needs my help again. I used the spell that I learned when I was stuck in a coma on it, so it should be dead within a few hours. I ran back home which was a few blocks away and got Elenore and ran back out. Jacob noticed and nodded, and when I started running, I heard him cry out in agony.
"Shit!" I looked to the sleeping Elenore, and then back to Jacob. I made up my mind.
'Ele would want this...'
I ran back to Jacob and set down Elenore, then made him piggy-back me, then picked her back up bridal style and ran. It was really wearing me down after a while and I was starting to pant really heavily. Carrying them one at a time would be easier, but it would be terrible if something happened while I was saving the other. I kept pushing, knowing that Elenore would be devastated if something happened to him right after she tried so hard to save him. I took a glance and noticed I was only a mile or so away, and I wanted to be at least 2 before I rested. The whole town was almost completely destroyed. I slowed my pace a little and looked to my sleeping burdens. Ele had a large bruise forming on her stomach and cuts bleeding here and there from the fall, and Jacob was pretty beat up too. I had finally made it about 2 miles, maybe more, and I gently set them both down. With my remaining magic, I searched through their minds for their pain receptors and tuned it down as much as I could.
'At least now they can wake up and not be in so much pain...'
There was a nearby creek so I walked over to it to try and wash off a little and drink some water. I drank first so I didn't have to drink my sweat.
Next, I took off my trousers and shirt, then looked to see if they were still asleep and, then finished undressing and stepped in the water. I just stayed in long enough to get off the sweat and cool down, then got back out and dressed.
'I really hope neither of them were awake...'
I walked back over to them and moved them one by one to the stream and started cleaning Jacob's wounds first. Next, was Ele... I tried not to look too much, but still enough so I know what I'm doing. Her clothes were pretty torn up since she slid a few feet after being hit, so I didn't have to undress her like I did Jacob. I didn't have any bandages for their wounds, so I used my shirt... Luckily I still had a tee-shirt so I wouldn't be completely topless. I began to shred my shirt and wrap it around the cuts and waited for them to wake up.
' Hopefully the spell kills it soon so we can go back...'