Chapter 80

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

When we finished the meeting, I was met with dozens of sad eyes. The servants seemed to be very upset with me and the decisions made in that room. It took hours for us to come to terms with eachother, but I was glad it was finally over. Many of the maids came to me and curtsied, and butlers and chefs bowed.
"My Lady, we are sad to see you leave," they told me, "We do not wish to see you off like this. You're too brave."
I kept my head high and waited for our treaty agreements to begin to take place. "I will await my fate with my head high, I accept the terms for the lives of my family."

---Maura's P.O.V.---

Jacob and Ciel were badly beaten, and there was no way to get both of them back safely. I was forced to choose one over the other and hope the other stayed alive long enough for me to return. I struggled to choose between them. Jacob, my love interest, or Ciel, my sister's lover of several years... And possibly my last remenints of her. My heart was torn, they're both like a family to me. I was loosing time, a decision needed to be made. I closed my eyes tight and spun in a quick circle, 'The first one I see when I open my eyes is who I'm going to take.'
I spun, once, twice, tree times. When I opened my eyes, I tried to focus on who was in front of me. When the blurriness from my vision cleared, I picked them up and ran out, deciding to look later when we reached the base. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me, and after a while my lungs burned with every step. My legs ached and my head was starting to pound due to the adrenalin rush I was given. I felt the heat of tears forming in my eyes and the coolness on my cheeks and they started sliding down. My throat soon became a victim of my weariness, getting dry and scratchy as a ran. I tried focusing on keeping whoever I was carrying on my back and not letting them fall as I ran, but even then I was having issues. My head was spinning now and I felt weak carrying all the extra weight. 'I still have no idea who I'm carrying...'
When I finally reached the base with the others, I laid down whoever I had carried and went to get some water. I returned with a small glass and put it to their lips. Tears still clouded my eyes so I couldn't focus on who was before me. Wendy had already got to work on treating their wounds and was sweating profusely with how much she was focusing. I went a cloth and put it to her face to help cool her. I finally turned back and looked down at his face, shocking myself on who I got. His messy blood-soaked hair clung to his face, his cut up cheek still slightly bleeding, the scrapes and cuts from battle made me uneasy with how peaceful he looked now. He was like a sleeping warrior, and we had no idea when he was to wake. But even still, this was none other than Ciel.
I darted up and raced back to get Jacob. 'Please be okay. I'll be there soon, just keep breathing until I get there! I can't loose you too...'