Chapter 47

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

As we were fighting, Ciel mentioned that he had found its weakness... The neck. Jacob went straight to work on it, tearing scales off with his powerful magic. I ran up the side of it, ready to be of use, and hit it with all my might. I noticed something about Jacob though... He had the strange aura he did when he almost killed Ciel. I jumped quickly out of the way, and he released the same beam he did on Ciel just months ago. The beast cried out, and started to wobble. I saw Jacob telling something at it, but the roar was so loud that I heard nothing but the ringing in my ears. I then looked to Ciel and saw him cast the spell he's been talking about, and he collapsed, completely out of magic. Then I looked back to Jacob, and he collapsed as well. The beast remained standing for a few moments too, but eventually fell over dead. I let out a sigh of relief, and felt my body go a little more limp. I walked to Jacob, picked him up, and walked to where Ciel was and placed them down side by side. We are all pretty beat up, but I think out of all of us, Jacob has the most injuries. I started getting to work right away with what I had on me. I had just enough water to soak a rag and get off most of the blood from the both of them, and a few bandages to put over deep wounds for now. I sighed in exhaustion then looked back to the town which has been completely demolished. 'This will take a long time to rebuild everything...'
Just the though of all that work made me extremely tired, and I passed out in between the two.
I woke a few hours later, still in between them, and sat up. It was now late morning, and the beast is dead. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and went about thinking of how to get the boys back to camp. Just as I was about to pick them up and carry them one at a time, Sabastion showed up.
"Hello there, Elenore."
"Huh? Oh, hey Sabastion."
"Need any help getting them to camp?"
"Uh... Please? If you could just carry one of the-"
Before I could finish my sentence they both disappeared. Then, a small hole appeared in the ground and Sabastion pushed me in, then followed.
"No need to carry things when you can push them through a portal. Now, what shall we do about the town?"
"Ugh... I don't wanna think about that stuff until after I've eaten. We should get the townspeople to help rebuild it next week."
"Hmm... Okay seems fair. I'll see you in a weeks time! Oh, and nice camp you've got here." and with that, he left through one of his portals. I didn't want to cook a big meal since they won't be awake for it, so I just went and fished enough for myself, cooked it, and ate it. I decided now that I should take advantage of my free time to clean myself and tend to my own injuries. I got fresh clothes and went to the make-shift bath area and undressed, then stepped into the semi-warm water. I scrubbed away the dried blood, both mine and others, and washed off the dirt and grime from battle. When I finished, I put my head under the water and cleaned my hair as well. I stepped out and got dressed, brushed my hair, and let it hang down instead of putting it up. Since I haven't cut it in a while, it's down to my lower back. I went back to check on Jacob and Ciel and finished tending to their wounds that I couldn't do earlier. I pulled of their shirts and wrapped around Jacob's torso and Ciel's chest, then patched up their arms and Jacob's head. He had taken a blow there and was still bleeding, so if I didn't do it now he would probably bleed out. When I finished, I made soup for when they wake up and waited patiently. I realized that it may be a while, so I started singing quietly to myself. I had been doing it for a while and when I opened my eyes again, I saw that Jacob was awake and had been listening for quite some time, and Ciel was still sound asleep.