Chapter 66

---Gray's P.O.V.---

Lucy didn't return this morning, which the plan worked. The only problem is, now we can't figure out where she is. We spread out around town, asking for any appearance of her last night until we reached the pub. Wendy had to stay out since she's a minor, but I want inside and asked. The tender stated that he saw her and she got some water, and was followed out. Next, they began walking together towards the east. Now I need a map of everything nearby within a 10 mile radius, since they couldn't walk farther than that before reaching the next town. I purchased one from a nearby shop, and began to read. I saw that there were 3 places to the east: some ruins, an abandoned mine, and a cave.
I went off to find the others, filling in Wendy on details. She's been having trouble lately, saying this mission was stressing her out since lives were on the line, not just hers. We finally found Summer, and soon after, Griffin. I showed them the map, and along the way, I circled the 3 places we need to check. We decided we would check the cave first, since it was closer. When we arrived, we found nothing. Next, the ruins. Again, we found nothing, meaning they had to be at the abandoned mine. We took a rest for a while and ate some dinner before heading off again to save everyone.

---Griffin's P.O.V.---

When we finally reached the mine, I got an off-feeling about the whole thing. Summer lead the way, acting as our light source since we didn't have tourches. Next me, then Wendy, then Gray. Gray stayed last in case someone came from behind, Wendy would be safe.
The scent was really dingey and muskey, making it a little difficult to breathe. We continued on however, through the windey and narrow shafts. I could tell it was late, and we had been walking for about an hour. We didn't even know our way out at this point, there was no way to tell.
Finally, we started to hear some distant chattering and tried out best to follow. It was difficult to tell exactly where it was coming from though, since our voices echo through the halls and bounce around in general.
We got close enough to the faint light, and were able to find them easily after that. I walked in right after Summer, and we stood there, taking in the faces of these people. The only one we didn't see, was Lucy.