Chapter 43

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

I was bathing in the creek when I overheard some of the conversation going on between the boys. Ciel was admitting that he had been rude to everyone lately and apologising for the way he had been acting. Jacob accepted his appology and admitted himself that he had been acting cooly as well. I took a deep breath and tried to calm my nerves, then used the rag and some soap to rub off the dried blood from me. I could tell that someone had tried to clean me earlier before I woke, not to mention I had a torn shirt for bandages, but they didn't do a super good job... The only places cleaned from blood were my arms and legs, and some of my torso. I think Ciel was the one who tried to clean me up.
I guess he didn't notice that I had a gash on my chest from one of the claws on that thing. It wasn't that deep and didn't need much attention, but blood was caked to my skin and was really itchy. I gently dabbed it with the cool water and followed it down to my side. When I was finished, I dunked my head under the water and rinsed my hair. Then, I peeked around from the curtain to make sure nobody was looking, and reached for a bag with some clothes in it. I pulled out a simple dress and put it on, after my underclothes of course, and then tied my hair up with a ribbon.
I walked over to them and Ciel told me he had all the townspeople go North to the shore. It was getting really late, so I suggested that we go to bed. I was to have my own tent since I am a girl, and Ciel and Jacob are meant to share one. When Ciel got inside the tent and made room for Jacob, he declined and went into a tree instead. The next day after breakfast, Jacob stated that he wanted to see if it had any demonic presence in it, and took off to find out. He was gone for around an hour or so, and Ciel and I were taking.
"When Jacob gets back, we have to come up with a plan to defea-"
Jacob came running back and was out of breath and obviously shaking.
"-Jacob!?"

---Ciel's P.O.V.---

Elenore was mid-sentence when Jacob arrived, obviously terrified of whatever had happened. I peered into his mind and saw the image of the thing, and it terrified me down to the core.
Elenore noticed and started to get worried, and I think I was shaking just as bad as Jacob.
"Guys!? GUYS!? What's wrong!? What happened?"
I turned and looked at her. "We're gonna need a lot of help if we want to beat this thing."
Jacob had caught his breath by this time, but was still shaking. We moved back over to our make-shift camp and began discussing what we need to do. Elenore asked multiple times if I would show her what we had seen, but I refused. "I will not let you see that... Thing. I refuse to let you be terrified of our foe."
After a while, she stopped asking and agreed that she didn't want to be scared of what's coming. When dinner came around, Ele wanted to cook, so Jacob and I went out to see what we could catch. We came back with some game, skinned it, gutted it, then gave it to Ele to cook. Finally, it was time for bed again. I was exhausted from all of the current events, and jumped right into my tent. This time, Jacob actually joined me. He must be pretty tired as well because he passed out soon after laying down. I zipped it up and laid down, then fell asleep as well.