Chapter 37

---Ciel's P.O.V.---

I woke up earlier than usual, and noticed Elenore was sleeping beside me. While flustered, I tried to remember what had happened last night, as I was too drowsy to recall everything. I do remember however, that Jacob is here. I wanted to stay in bed longer, and I gingerly touched her face with my hand before wrapping my arm around her, pulling her close before falling back asleep.

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

I felt something warm on my cheek and elected to ignore it for the moment, and try to go back to sleep. I almost drifted off until I felt a familiar arm wrap around my waist and pulling me close. I felt safe again with Ciel here, and I breathed in his familiar scent. I couldn't fall back asleep though, I needed to check on Jacob. I went to sit up but Ciel just pulled me closer. I went to tell him to let me go but I heard his faint, even breaths and could tell he was asleep. I sighed and gave him another 30 minutes before waking him to let me go. At first he was reluctant, but eventually gave in.
I walked in to my... Well, Jacob's room and checked for a heartbeat and even breaths. He was still alive. That's good. I breathed a sigh of releif and sat on the bed, looking for any sign of damage that could be fixed by me before Wendy gets back.
He has a gash across his chest that needed to be bandaged, so I sent Ciel to go pick up what I need. When he got back, I went straight to work. Unfortuantly, I had to cut his shirt off of him because it was stuck due to the blood. I grabbed a rag and soaked it in a sanitary solution before patting it on the wound, to help clean it inside and out. Finally, I began to wrap the badages on him. When I was satisfied with my work, I moved on. By the time I was finished with everything, I noticed he was sweating profusely. It may be because his injuries or a fever, but my abnormal heat isn't helping for sure. I put a cool rag on his forehead and left the room. It was only then that I realised I was still in a tee-shirt, so I ran quietly back into my room to get dressed. It looks like Jacob is asleep still, so I just dressed where I was instead of going into the bathroom. 'Hopefully he was still asleep...'
I thought to myself. Finally ready for the day, I went with Ciel into the town to have lunch. We went to a small café and talked for a few hours, and I decided to bring Jacob home lunch as well in case he was awake or hungry. When I went in, I didn't check to see if he was awake, I just put the food on the bed-side table and told him it was there if he wanted it. By this time, everyone was home except for Wendy. Then Ciel said something I never thought he'd say.
He plans on moving into his own place and wants me to join.