Chapter 65

---Griffin's P.O.V.---

Lucy has been devoted to the mission lately. She hasn't even taken a break for lunch with us today, and it worries everyone since she's been doing it on her own. She did, however, give us a description of our suspect, though not very detailed. When it came night-time, she insisted she was "bait". When asked why, she gave a pretty solid reason.
"I know his description better, and since we know it's a male, it would be better if a female went out and Wendy is far too young."
Needless to say, she convinced us, although we were still hesitant.

---Lucy's P.O.V.---

Yes! I get to be bait tonight. I have to admit, I am a little worried about not being able to fight him once I reach the others.
'No, stay focussed. You can do this!'
With newly found determination, I set out. I was walking in back ally ways, and when that didn't work, I sat outside the pub. After sitting outside for a few minutes, I decided to go inside and get a drink. I asked for water though, since I don't want any distractions when facing this guy. I drank it slowly before walking out, and I noticed someone was watching me the whole time.
'This is it...'
I took a deep breath and acted as if I was distracted and defenseless. Sure enough, he walked over to me. My heart pumped faster and faster. The strange thing, I felt myself walking to him too.
'Wh-what's going on!? He should be walking to me!'
I tried stopping, but found that I couldn't.
'He's using magic against me! Please don't let him know I'm a mage as well...'
When my feet finally reached him, I was forced to look into his eyes.
'What is this feeling?!'
That's when I realised, he didn't snatch people, he made them come willingly. Next thing I new, I was opening my eyes in a dank place. There was moss and the scent of mildew, meaning there was water nearby.
"Hello?" my voice was hoarse.
"... H-hello?" a small voice answered back. I turned around quickly and faced the person behind me. It was the little girl, Abbigail I believe.
"Abbigail? Is that you? Is Grayce with you?" I reached out for her hand.
"H-how do you know my name? And my sister too?"
"My name is Lucy, and I'm a mage. I came here to take you back home! You, and the others."
She looked at me with hopefull eyes, "I've heard of you before! You helped my great-uncle before! He had a bunch of robbers trying to steal from his train station." she hugged me around my neck.
"Is my mother worried? Is she okay?"
"She's fine, and she can't wait for you to come home!"
I sat with her for before asking, "Do you know where the others are?" she shyly nodded her head yes, and stood up and extended her hand. "Follow me."
We began walking, and after a moment or two, "Do you know where we are?"
"I believe this is an abandoned mine." she responded. "There was one that was shut down a few years ago because it was flooded."
'That explains the moss and mildew smell...'
We finally reached a more dry place with a few blankets sprawled out, and several other people. I counted heads, and saw that there were 11, 12 including me.
'This means he didn't take anyone last night.'
"Hello everyone." I took in their presence, putting descriptions and names to faces. Then I realised, Jason was missing.
"Wait, where's Jason?"
They all turned to look at me, wondering how I new Jason's name or how I knew he was even here. "I'll explain later."
"I believe he went out to get another blanket from the one keeping us here. He's the only one who has enough courage to face him." said Grayce.
That's when I heard him walk in behind me.
"What about me? Hey who's this?"
"My name is Lucy. I came here to get you out of here."
He looked at me sternly before responding with, "Good luck, I've already tried."