Chapter 44

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

I woke up before Ciel, and saw Jacob was awake as well. He had heated the leftovers, so I grabbed a bowl and started eating next to him. He asked, "He sure does sleep a lot, doesn't he?"
"... Well, he doesn't normally sleep this much. He must be stressed is all." I amswered, a little hesitant.
He stayed pretty quiet after that, and I could tell he was nervous about something. We would talk here and there, but mostly the conversation was dull. Ciel woke up about an hour after I did, and after he ate Jacob wanted to have the first bath since he hasn't since we left town. Ciel and I agreed and he went off.
Ciel and I were sitting in a comfortable silence, and then we heard Jacob. At first, he was really quiet, but then he started singing his heart out! He has an exceptional voice, and even Ciel liked it. When he finished, he came out dressed in the same clothes he had on before. I noticed a small tear on his shirt though, and pointed it out.
"Oh... Well, I haven't much clothes since my home was destroyed."
I nodded in agreement. "That's true..."
We were silent again afterwards. I went off to see if any of the other clothes Ciel brought would fit him, but most of them were too big. With Ciel's permission, I started a secret project to mend them to fit him better, and I would present them to him tomorrow. I didn't really see the two of them much since I was busy working, but every once in a while I'd come out for a break and chat with them. It seems like Ciel and Jacob are getting along better, which is good. 'I can't wait to surprise him tomorrow!'
I thought. Jacob offered to make dinner and went to catch some fish. He came back soon after and grilled them over our fire, and we ate and went off to bed. I could hear them in their tent sleeping soundly, even snoring a little, so now was the time to finish what I started. I worked late into the night, and when I started to see the sun again is when I finished. I made him 5 new shirts, and 2 pairs of pants. I sighed in relief that my work was done, and I passed out soon after laying down.

---Ciel's P.O.V.---

I woke up around the same time as Jacob, and we both exited our tent, expecting to see Ele. However to our surprise, she was still asleep! I looked carefully into her tent, trying not to wake her, and saw that she had finished altering the new clothes for Jacob. I smiled at her and carefully zipped the tent back up and turned to face him.
"Looks like it's just me and you today, Jacob. She won't be up until around lunch."
"Sounds good to me..." we went to prepare breakfast and talked about our plan some more. We would just have to explain to Ele later all the details. I couldn't help but remember something about Jacob before the accident.
"Yo, Jacob?"
"Uh... Yeah?"
"Don't think that I forgot about you liking Ele just because we had an accident." I chuckled.
He looked around nervously before replying, "I-I don't know w-what your talking a-about..." and rubbing his neck nervously.