Chapter 76

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

"Elenore, I've been expecting you." she spoke. The princess had a familiar resemblance, but I can't quit place my finger on it...
She has long brown hair, emerald eyes, thinned brows that fit her small nose. I glanced down at her hands, finding long, thin fingers clasped together. Her pale skin was practically radiating. She wore a dark dress with a slit that came up to her thigh, with a white sash that strung from her shoulder and ending at her hip.
I stayed silent, wondering why this is so familiar, and how she knows my name. She sat there, with an expectant look in her eye. I assume she's waiting for me to respond to her eerie greeting.
I curtsy, then lift my head to face her once again. "Hello, your Grace."
"Oh no, there's no formalities here. We both need something, don't we? I do not intend to be particularly 'nice' during this meeting; after all, you did intrude in my kingdom." she leaned closer to me, raising one hand to hold her chin and leaving the other to rest on her knee. "You know, I could just have you beheaded since this is my territory. You even came here willingly. Whatever happens to you here, is of your own fault, and your friends retaliations would be without reason." I could almost taste her sweet, minty breath as she spoke. I kept my focus on her plump red lips, then looked into her eyes. It was then that I noticed she had black lining her eyes.
"Do they even know that you're here? Or did you leave your precious 'family' back there to die?" she whispered. She was smiling as she asked this, amused when I didn't answer her questions. I looked to my feet in shame, partially regreting my decision for just a moment.
I was shocked when my mouth seemingly spoke on its own, as I didn't intend to answer her at all.
"No, they don't know I'm here. But is that so bad? Even if they did know, and you were going to kill me, then you would anyways. Why does it matter if they know? All they would know is where I am."
Her smile grew on her face, clearly satisfied with my answer.
"You may just know too much for your own good, you know that? Do you know who I am?"
"A princess?"
She stifled a laugh, but I saw the corners of her lips pull up.
"No, dear. One day, you will know, but I don't want you to hate me when you find out."