Chapter 53

---Elenore's P.O.V.---

I woke up early that morning, heading something shift and go away. Thinking it was just a bird, I went back to sleep, snuggled up to Ciel. A few hours later, I was woken up by Jacob.
"Wake up guys, breakfast."
"Hm? Jacob? That was nice of you, making breakfast and all."
"Bacon and eggs? That... Doesn't sound bad actually." Ciel said groggily. We sat up and began eating, and even got seconds. When we finished, we thanked Jacob. It was really quiet for a while, everyone was waiting for someone else to speak. Jacob looked absolutely terrified of something. 'Just what did Ciel do?'
Things like this really made me wish I could read minds... Right now my magic is pretty useless. I sighed and broke the silence.
"So... How is everyone feeling?"
"Fine, just tense is all." stated Ciel.
Jacob hesitated after hearing Ciel speak, "F-fine. Great actually. I don't f-feel anything at all."
I could tell he was lying... I could hear it in his voice, and see it on his face. Quite literally, I might add, Ciel really did a number on him. I looked at him apologetically, and tried my best to make him feel better.
"Hey I have an idea! How about we all do something fun together?"
"Like what?" the asked in unison.
"I don't know... We could go swimming? Or we could go for a walk? Or maybe -"
"Swimming sounds like fun." said Jacob.
Ciel looked twords him, "I agree."
"So, swimming it is? Cool! You guys put on a pair of shorts, I'll go somewhere else and change."
I looked for a t-shirt and a pair of short shorts, and walked away. I didn't really go far, just a few feet from the cave and behind a tree. When I finished getting dressed, I carefully went back to the cave and listened in, trying not to look in in case they were undressed.
"C-Ciel. I'm really sorry about wha-"

"Look Jacob, stop apologising for what happened. It's in the past okay? You don't have to be afraid of me." I heard his footsteps moving tword where Jacob was when I left. I then heard Jacob take a step back.
"Come on, I'm not going to hurt you. I promise. Just come here and shake my hand okay? Truce?"
"... Truce." I assumed they shook hands. I heard the footsteps walk closer to the front of the cave, so I walked away as quickly as I could I'm the time it took them to reach the entrance. Than I turned right before they could see me, and pretended as if I was just now walking back to them.
"Hey guys! Ready?"
"Yeah." they said in unison again.
"Okay let's go! I'm excited! I haven't been swimming since we left Earth." I smiled cheerfully.
We made our way to the water, and I was the first to run in. I ran until the water reached my stomach, then leaned forward to start swimming.
"Come on guys!" I shouted out to them since they were still on the shore.
"Okay here I come!" Ciel shouted, and ran out as far as he could before swimming out.
Next was Jacob, he pulled off his shirt and carefully walked in, the ran out as well. He caught up to Ciel by now, and it looked as if they were racing out to where I was, they were even laughing the whole while.
I smiled to myself, relieved that they were getting along now. Jacob won their little race and Ciel called for a rematch, and I joined in this time.
"Okay, rules! No magic, and we swim out about 2 miles, got it?" I asked.
They both nodded their heads, and when I started the countdown we got into position. We had started back up at the shore. "3! 2! 1! Go!" I yelled.
I ran out as fast as I could, only to be stopped in my tracks.
"Sorry Ele! I gotta win back my pride!" he laughed.
"No fair! Ciel!" I looked behind me to see Jacob in the same position as I am.
"Don't worry, I got this!" Jacob used his power to give us both a boost, and we were gaining on Ciel. When I got close enough, I swam to him and grabbed his back, slowly warming my hand up.
"Ow! That's hot!" he turned into his back in the water and pushed me off, giving Jacob a chance to get ahead. I looked sternly at Ciel, and nodded. He's stopped him in his tracks, and pulled him back until he was behind the both of us. We were nearing the end, and I decided it was my turn to play dirty with the rest of them. I swam a little ahead and turned, then lit the top of the water with my flames so they couldn't pass without getting a little burned. It would only buy me long enough for them to figure out that the flames dudnt go under the water, so I had to hurry. I swam as fast as I could, and reached the 2 mile point, winning the race. I cheered and waited for the boys to finish placing, but it was a tie.
"Maybe next time guys!" I laughed and we slowly swam back to shore, extremely tired from swimming so far. When we reached it, I dried my hair and changed my clothes. We then ate dinner and went to bed in the cave. Since I was so tired, I don't remember falling asleep except that I was sitting next to Jacob, and when I woke back up, I was sleeping on him.