7. Show Me Your Best Fangirl

We got off the train and I looked around. The station was super busy even though it was 6:30 in the morning. "Stick close," Squid said, "It's really easy to get lost here." I followed him and we maneuvered our way through the crowd towards the exit. The second we stepped outside I was awestruck.

"Woah, it's amazing." I could see Big Ben and the London Eye and the Thames River along with many impressive buildings.

"Yeah, it's pretty great, huh?" He checked his phone, "We'd better hurry, they're waiting for us."

"Waiting for you you mean. Did you even tell them I was coming?"

"Well who doesn't like surprises?"

"Wow, ok, this won't be awkward at all. Did anyone else get passes to hand out?"

"Uh, I don't know."

"Oh great, everyone's going to give me funny looks."

"Don't worry, if you're with me, no one will mess with ya."

"If you say so."

"I do say so. Now, right this way." We followed him a ways and he stopped in front of a big warehouse-like building with a Minecon banner out front. "Here we are."

"Really? I thought this was the ice cream shop," I said teasingly.

"Ha, ha, very funny. Come on, we're already late."

We walked in and Ash was sitting there. "What took you so long mate? And who's this? Wait, do I recognize that hand?" he said looking at me.

"Um, no, I don't think so. It's nice to meet you though."

We shook hands and Squid introduced us, "Sorry, we just got off the train. This is Angel and her dad, Steve."

"It's a pleasure. Can I steal Squid from you for a minute though? He needs to come sign in."

"Don't they have to too?"

"Um, I'm not sure actually. I guess they should come just in case. I need to talk to you though."

"Mmkay." They walked ahead a bit and we followed at a distance.

"Who's that?" my dad asked. "Ash?"

"Yup."

"What did he mean about a hand?"

"Uh, I have no idea," I lied. The hallways were pretty boring but we passed some sort of cafeteria that I hoped we would stop in because I hadn't eaten breakfast. We walked past it and got to a table that was set up and the guys talked to a lady stationed there. After a minute, they waved us over.

"Ok, we got it all sorted. Just sign your name here and put this on your pass," Squid said and handed us name tags. We signed in and got given "goody bags" and were on our way. I rummaged around in my bag, there were a few souvenirs and a marker and booklet for autographs. I slung it over my shoulder and peeked at what Squid and Ash were looking at.

"Your schedules?" I asked.

"Yup, we're gonna be busy bees today."

"Alright, we'll leave you to it then."

"But don't you want the Slippery Cheese experience?"

"No no, I don't want us to drag you down. I'm sure I'll see you around and at the signing."

"And on stage."

"Yes, and on stage."

"You know with these you can go backstage, right?"

"You mentioned that."

"I didn't hear him say that," my dad said.

"Oh uh, he told me on the train," I lied. "But I don't know, I think it might be better in the audience."