121. Please!

I slowly pulled myself out of a deep sleep, pins and needles pounding in my head. I groaned, trying to remember what had happened last night, but I honestly had no idea. The last thing I remembered was watching a movie with everyone... did I fall asleep before it was over? No... I could tell I was in a bed, but something felt off. I couldn't feel David's aura next to me, which was a bit concerning, but I figured he probably just got up earlier.

I lifted my hand to rub the sleep from my eyes, but as I did, I felt my skin under the covers. Was I not wearing pajamas? I felt again and could tell I definitely did not have clothes on. But I'm sure David and I didn't do anything last night, I thought. Did we...?

My head was so foggy it felt like I was trying to swim through maple syrup, but I had no clue as to why everything would be a blank space like this. The only other time my brain had blocked anything from me was when I had my panic attack... did something bad happen last night?

There was suddenly movement on the other side of the bed and I froze, every instinct I had telling me that this was not my Charming and that something was definitely off. I hesitantly glanced over my shoulder and my heart wrenched in my chest, my throat constricting so I could hardly breathe. Laying there across from me with a sickening smirk on his face was none other than Tom Spencer.

A hundred questions flew into my mind, but instead of words, my body was only capable of creating terrified tears which blurred my vision and rolled down my face as he purred, "Morning, Princess."

I immediately sat up and scrambled away from him, but I nearly fell off the edge of the bed and yelped as the covers slipped off my chest. I clutched the sheets to my bare body for dear life, straining my memory for any explanation as to why this was happening or any inclination that this could just be a horrible nightmare, but sadly, no such luck.

I opened my mouth to scream for help but before I could even squeak he warned, "I wouldn't do that if I were you."

But I didn't care. I screamed for David, my head spinning and my heart making my whole body throb from complete and utter terror.

Tom simply sat up against the headboard, his smooth chest and abdomen on full display, as nonchalant as if this were any other day. "They can't hear you," he sang, his eyes twinkling with deviance.

"What did you do?" I croaked, all strength instantly draining from my limbs as they trembled uncontrollably.

"Oh, don't worry," he said, gesturing to his bare body which I refused to look at. "This is just for show."

"What do you want from me?!" I sobbed, the words tumbling out of my mouth before they'd hit my brain.

"I don't want anything from you," he said, scanning the plain white room as if already bored with this situation.

It occurred to me then that I could've shot up and sprinted out of the room at any moment, but now there was something keeping me here, an invisible force gluing me to the spot as my mind struggled to comprehend what was happening.

"What did you do?" I asked again, hopeless that this scenario wasn't what it appeared to be.

"I did mean what I said last night," he said instead, completely ignoring my question. "I am sorry that you had to be dragged into this. You really are a nice girl." This caught me off guard, but then he glanced over at me, his hungry glower returning as he scanned the outline of my body. "He was always good at picking lookers, though..." he murmured to himself, making my skin crawl and the tears come back in full force.

"Princess?" I heard my nickname called from out in the hall and relief instantly washed over me, but my voice caught in my throat as a thought occurred to me. If David saw me in this position, he would immediately jump to the wrong conclusions. I had to get out of here, I had to hide, I had to do something! But before my thoughts had even finished processing, the door to the room creaked open, revealing a shell-shocked David and making my whole world freeze for a solid minute as everything around me completely broke down.