37. It'll Be All My Fault

The next day, Chache called me up and before we started talking about recording, we got to know each other a bit. He didn't bring up my relationship with Squid thankfully, but he did ask how he was doing since they used to be friends. As we talked, I was surprised at how much we had in common. We both had equal feelings about YouTube, similar interests, and the same stupid sense of humor.

We came up with a vague storyline and looked at some of the mods we wanted to use. He gave me some ideas about a trailer I could do and once we had everything planned, we just hung out for a while. Soon, I got a message from David so I invited him into the call.

"How's my Princess today?"

I rolled my eyes, "I don't belong to you, I'm my own person."

He held up his hands, "Alright, how's her majesty today?"

I smiled, "I'm doing great, thank you."

"Hey buddy, long time no see!"

Squid started a little and moved his eyes to another part of the screen. "Chache? Is that you?"

"Indeed it is, how you been?"

He furrowed his eyebrows, "Uh, not too bad." He looked back to me, "May I ask how you two know each other?"

"We're partners in a series together."

"Seriously?"

"Yuppers, we are gonna kill it!" Chache said enthusiastically. "Team GurlBacon for the win!"

I chuckled, "That is so not going to catch on."

"Sure it will! People think bacon is just a man meat, but we can prove them wrong!" Oh dear, he is a strange one.

David cleared his throat and I brought my attention back to him. "So what is this series exactly?"

"You know Tycer, right?"

"Of course, we did that collab a while back. I've been meaning to talk to him again."

"Did he tell you about Area 31 and 32?"

"The ones for charity?"

I nodded, "Well, he asked me to be one of the new members for Area 33!"

"Really? That's awesome! Good for you, starting to put yourself out there."

"What do you mean?" Chache asked.

"Well this is the first time she's going to be on someone else's channel, isn't it?" My back stiffened and a chill ran down my spine. "Angel?" Squid said.

"It is, huh?" I mumbled. I hadn't thought of that before. A whole new group of people were going to be exposed to me. What if they didn't like me? Would they think I was in over my head? What will they think of Chache partnering with me?

I sucked in a fast breath, What if I ruin this for him? I'm just going to weigh him down. If they don't like me he'll lose views, and donations, and it'll be all my fault.

I put a hand to my mouth and shook my head, "We should go solo."

There was a pause before Chache asked, "What do you mean?"

I looked him in the eyes, "You don't want to team with me, I'm just going to drag you down. I don't want you to suffer because of me."

He blinked, "What on Earth are you talking about?"

"People aren't going to like me, they'll make a fuss and won't watch the videos if I'm in them. You shouldn't lose views because of me, it's not fair."