17. Tell Me What This Is About!

We got some food and sat down, talking about random things. After a while, I felt somebody put their hands on the back of my chair. I started to turn around but stopped when I heard who it was.

"Wow, you just abandoned me?" Squid's voice sounded right above my head. "What great friends you are," he said sarcastically. There weren't any empty chairs so he pulled one up to the table. He tried to put it between Sqaishey and me but she wouldn't move, so he made Gizzy who was on my other side scoot over. "Hey, did you watch the interview?" he asked me.

"Yeah, we all saw it."

He nudged my arm with his elbow, "I was talking about you."

I tensed a little, "I must not have heard that part."

"You were the person I met from America."

"Oh, I never would've guessed."

He looked me over, an odd expression on his face, but shook it away and said, "Did I look okay?"

"What do you define as 'okay?' "

"Uh, not terrible I guess?"

"Hmm, then slightly okay."

He rolled his eyes, "Wow, thanks." He glanced at Sqaishey, "What were you two talking about earlier?"

"Just girl stuff."

He smirked, "You kept looking at me."

"Is that a crime?"

"Well, I just thought maybe you were talking about me," he said smugly.

"Nope," I replied quickly.

"You sure?"

"Pretty darn." He didn't seem convinced but before he could ask any more questions, I changed the subject. "When's the meet and greet?"

"We should head over there right when we're done. What are you going to do this time? I'm guessing you don't want to just sit out again."

"Huh, I haven't thought about it. I guess I'll just walk around and lo-"

"No!"

I gave him a surprised look, "No?"

"Uh, I mean, I don't think you should be alone. Why don't you stay and help with pictures and stuff?"

"I guess I could, bu-"

"Great! Good, it's settled then. I'm ready, how about you guys?" he asked everyone. They agreed and we were off again. When we got there, a line was already forming. It wasn't at the same place as the signing yesterday, it was a large open area with no tables or anything.

I frowned, "I don't understand."

"It's different than a signing," he explained, "it's more one-on-one. They get to know us better."

"Oh, that's cool. But how are you going to talk to everyone? There were already a lot of kids out there."

"These tend to go on for a long while."

"Well thanks for the warning."

He shrugged, "Sorry." A minute later, they started letting people in.

"Here goes nothing," I muttered and put on a smile. I talked to some of the kids and also some parents. I went around asking if they wanted their picture taken and just doing "assistant" type things. After seeing what a big hit I was, some of the youtubers asked me to wear their merch. I happily agreed and piled on hats, bracelets, jackets, basically making a huge fool of myself, but I was having a blast. Eventually there were only a few people left and I sat down, completely exhausted. After the last person had left, Squid came over and sat next to me.