5. Real Smooth Dad...

I got back to the hotel just in time. Not a minute after I walked into the room, my parents came back.

"Hey, how was it?" I asked.

"Good, we bought a few things. How was the tour?"

"It was great, we went to a fountain and a castle and a shop and stopped to have lunch. The people were really nice."

They smiled, "We're glad you had fun. Did you get supper?"

"Yeah, I found something."

"That's good. Well we're actually kind of tired so I think we'll hit the hay."

"Alright, goodnight. Wait, what are we doing tomorrow?"

"We were thinking of going to the coast."

"Ok, cool."

"Goodnight," they said and I walked into my room. I watched a few videos but eventually got really tired and went to sleep.

***

The next morning we got some things together to go to the ocean. We were about to leave when my phone went off. "Excuse me for a minute," I said and closed my door. "Hello?"

"Hey, what's up?" It was David.

"We're just getting ready to go to the beach."

"Oh, well that spoils my brilliant idea."

"You have ideas?" I teased.

He ignored that and said, "I was going to Skype you the whole tour so it would be like you were there, but you just had to mess that up, huh?"

"Actually it was my mom's idea but I told you, I want to experience it like a normal person."

"To be precise, you said you wanted to experience it like anyone else."

"Well sorry I wasn't precise enough for you."

"Angel? Are you almost ready?" my dad said through the door.

I lowered my voice, "I'll just wait for the vlogs to come out. Now is there anything else? 'Cause I gotta go."

"Are you busy later? We never got to finish your lessons."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, I gotta show you how to build."

"Oh, right, I'm not sure when we're coming back. I guess I'll let you know."

"Okay, well, have fun."

"You too." I hung up. I was grateful he hadn't brought up my note, that would've been so awkward. He wanted me to come over again though.

I don't understand, I thought. Why is he still talking to me? Surely he can't want to hang out with me, could he? No, of course not, I'm just a nuisance to him. He's been more than generous, so why could he be doing this? I decided to not think about it and opened the door.

"Ready," I said.

"Long distance calls cost money you know," my dad said.

"Yeah, I told them that, we'll just Skype." I decided not to mention that back home it was like 2 AM.

"Alright, then let's go."

We left and spent a good few hours on the beach and then walked around the boardwalk, going in shops and snacking on whatever sounded good. It was a really fun day and I didn't even think about Squid. When we got back I was super tired and took a nap. I woke up around 6:30 and we decided to walk around town and look for somewhere to eat. I remembered a cool place I had passed on my tour so we decided to go there.