54. The Brains And The Looks

The next week, someone approached me while I was studying in the media center. "Excuse me," she said and I glanced up at her. She had dark brown, nearly black hair that was cut in a bob. Her eyes matched her hair and her lashes were ridiculously long even though she wasn't wearing mascara. "You're Elsie, right?"

"Yep, that's me."

She grinned and shook my hand, "Pleasure to finally meet you. My name's Kenxie and I'm one of the hosts for The Vibe."

"Oh, the school's internet show thing?"

Her eye twitched but she said, "Yeah. Anyways, we were wondering if you'd be willing to do a segment for us."

I raised an eyebrow, "What would I have to do?"

"Just answer a few questions, maybe do a quick challenge or something. We haven't come up with the specifics yet, we needed your answer first."

I shrugged, "Well I don't see why not."

She nodded, "Awesome, we'll let you know when we have everything set up."

***

A few days later, they said they were ready for me so I went to their "studio" after school. It wasn't much different than any other classroom, but they had mini sets dotted around for the scenes they wanted to do. There was one that was similar to the interview room at Minecon, but another had a desk with two laptops sitting back-to-back on it.

Kenxie walked over to me with a wide smile, "Hey, so glad you could make it. Go ahead and take a seat, we're just fiddling with the camera and such right now."

So I sat in one of the chairs and a sandy-blond haired guy that I assumed was a senior came over to me. He grinned and spoke at a hundred miles an hour, "The name's Pete, I'm the other host with Kenxie, or X as I like to call her." She scoffed but he shot her a wink and she blushed, turning away. He looked back to me, "You know how they say in a partnership there's always the brains and the looks? Well I'm actually both, I'm not even sure why she's here to be honest."

"I'm right here you know!" she proclaimed.

He ignored her and continued, "I've heard lots about you girl, it's awesome to finally see the legend right before my eyes. How have you been? Good? I'm doing good. Great in fact. The weather's been so nice lately, makes you want to stay outside all day long, huh? You probably don't get to be outside much with all the work you do. That's too bad. You know, I-"

"Pete! You're talking her ear off! Shut up!"

He frowned teasingly, "I'm just being hospitable, we want to make her comfortable!"

"I think all you're doing is making her scared."

He looked at me and smirked, "Oh, that's not true, right Elsie?"

I smiled and just shrugged.

"Well hopefully you're not talked out already, 'cause we've got a whole interview ahead of us!"

"Everything looks good guys," the girl behind the camera said.

They sat on the other couch and Kenxie held out a piece of paper to me. "Here's the questions we'll be asking, you can look them over quick if you want."

I shook my head, "That's alright, I think it's better when the answers are improvised."

"Well, we'll probably have to do multiple takes because Pete just loves to be annoying and do stupid things." She glared at him and he wiggled his eyebrows mischievously.

I waved the script away, "It's fine, I'm ready whenever you are."

"Sounds good!" Pete said and turned to the camera. "Just give us the signal!"