3. The "Best Place In All Of England"

Eventually, Nicole started complaining. "Ugh, where are we going? I'm starving!"

"Patience," Squid teased.

She suddenly seemed to recognize something and her pace slowed. "Wait, are we going where I think we are?"

"That depends on where you think we're going."

"We're not going back-"

"Shush!" David scolded, "It must be a surprise."

She groaned, "Fine."

A few minutes later, they stopped in front of a house and Squid said, "Ta da!" dramatically gesturing toward it.

"A house?" I asked, slightly disappointed.

He looked offended, "Not just a house! The house of the best youtuber ever!"

Now I understood, but I had to tease him some more. "I thought Pewdiepie lived in America?"

"You don't think he's better than me, do you?" For a second I couldn't tell if he was joking or genuinely hurt.

I shrugged, "Naw, but 37 million other people seem to."

He perked up, "Aww, you do think I'm amazing!" I started to protest but he turned and said, "Right this way!" and marched into the house.

"Thanks for humoring him," Nicole said.

I shrugged again, "A bit of humor is always good," and followed him inside.

I'd seen the place in vlogs, but they didn't even come close to doing it justice. The entryway was beautiful, with a grand staircase leading off in two directions. On the right and left were living rooms with a massive flat screen TV above a lovely fireplace in the right-hand side one. Past the living room on the left was the kitchen and Squid's office where he films all his videos was on the right. I knew that his room was upstairs on the left and Tom's (his brother) was on the right. Hanging above everything was an enchanting crystal chandelier.

Just then, his dogs came scurrying out of the kitchen. "Oh shoot, sorry, I hope you're okay with dogs and cats."

I knelt down and put my hand out for them to sniff. "I have some of my own so I'd have to say I'm pretty alright with them," I replied. Marley, a black lab, was jumping all over me and licking me while Lily, a beagle, was more apprehensive.

"Marley!" I said, laughing, "Settle down you crazy dog!" I managed to push him off of me and get him to sit and then talked quietly to Lily. "It's okay girl, I won't hurt you." When she still didn't come I motioned for David to come kneel next to me.

"Come on Lily," he coaxed, "Angel is a friend." With his approval, she came over and let me pet her. I smiled and he said, "Wow, you're really good with dogs."

I shrugged, "It's a gift," and stood up. I hadn't noticed that Nicole had been watching us the whole time.

She clapped her hands together and said, "Well, now that the introductions are out of the way, who's hungry?" We followed her into the kitchen with the dogs at our heels. "What would you like?" she asked.

"I'll just have a ham sandwich," he answered, "How 'bout you?"

"That sounds good," I said.

"Now you're copying me?" he chaffed.

I rolled my eyes, "No, I just don't want to rummage through your kitchen. I can have manners when I want to."

He put his hands up, "Whatever you say. You want some tea?"