110. We Used To Be So Close...

Knock knock knock. "Angel? You in there?"

"Come in!" I called over my shoulder and heard the door click open.

"Watcha up to?" Sqaishey's voice asked and I spun around in my desk chair to face her with a smile.

"Just editing some vids. You?"

She shrugged, "Not much." She glanced around my red and blue room and asked, "Where's Squid?"

"Downstairs playing something with the guys."

She smiled and set herself on the edge of the bed, "I'm glad him and Ash finally made up."

It was about a week after the amusement park and the two of them had been getting on much better since that day. I'm not sure if they actually had a face-to-face conversation about it or if they're just brushing over their little dispute, but either way, they're acting like best friends again.

"Yeah, that was a whole lot of stress I did not like dealing with."

"How come you're not down there with him?" she asked teasingly.

I rolled my eyes, "We're not conjoined at the hip, despite what you guys might think."

"Oh, nobody thinks that," she said sarcastically.

"Oh really?" I drawled.

"Nope, because we all know you're joined... somewhere else." She wiggled her eyebrows at me suggestively and I scoffed, throwing the first soft thing I could reach at her and she laughed, me quickly joining in.

Sqaishey and I have been becoming fast friends during this vacation and I was really happy about it. She's so nice and is one of the only people who understands what I'm going through in my relationship.

"I could say the same about you and Stamps," I said through my laughing and she shyly turned her head away.

I'm not sure why she gets all timid whenever people talk about them being together, I mean it's not a secret, and no one can deny that they're super cute together.

"You okay?" I asked.

She nodded, "Yeah, it's just..."

She didn't finish so I gently prodded, "It's just...?"

She sighed, "Do you think Joey's been acting... strange?"

"You mean more strange than usual?" I joked, earning a fake-annoyed look to which I smirked. "I don't know," I said with a shrug, "he seems like regular old Stampy Cat to me, but you see him a lot more than I do. Why do you ask?"

"I guess he's been acting more... secretive recently. Like, he'll be talking to the boys in another room, but as soon as I walk in he clams up."

"Hmm, that's a bit odd. Have you asked him about it?"

"He just says he's been 'busy,' " she said with air quotes and a downhearted expression.

"Maybe he's planning something. Is your birthday coming up soon or anything like that?"

"Our anniversary..." she mumbled, picking at her fingernails.

I grinned, "Well that must be it!"

She sighed and shook her head, "That's what I thought too so I started dropping hints, but... he had no idea what I was talking about..."

My smile faded, "You think he forgot?"

She dipped her head and I got up, walking over to sit next to her on the bed. I set a hand on her shoulder, "I'm sure he didn't forget, he's probably just doing that thing where they pretend to forget so they can plan something big."