117. That's Why I Love Ya

A few days later, I was back in my bed at the estate, Charming sleeping peacefully next to me. I smiled down at him from my sitting position and relaxed into the pillow behind me. I'd always thought he looked the most handsome when he slept. Even though his hair was always a mess and he was usually snoring, the serene look on his face never failed to make me smile.

I returned my attention to the phone in my hand and continued my absent-minded Twitter scrolling as I waited for him to wake up. I saw the usual video updates from my YouTube friends, a bit of new fanart, some beautiful selfies from the celebrities I was following and all that stuff you'd expect to find in a typical feed. However, there was one post that was anything but typical.

My eyes went wide as I read the announcement and my lips slowly stretched into an excited grin. I contemplated for a split second if I should just let David sleep, but quickly decided that this was far too important.

"David!" I squealed, nearly tossing my phone from elation. "David, get up!"

He groaned and muttered into his pillow, "But Mum, I don't wanna go to school..."

I rolled my eyes, "I am not your mother." When he still didn't move, I shook him vigorously and whined, "Charming! Get up! This is important! Fall Out Boy and Panic are going on a joint tour!"

He groaned in protest once again.

I huffed and jumped on top of him, causing him to gasp and his eyes to fly open.

He stared up at me, the fogginess of sleep instantly fading from his expression. "Jesus, Angel! You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

"Good! Now did you hear what I said?"

He thought for a moment, trying to pick through his murky morning memories. "Something about FOB going on tour?"

"Yeah! With Panic!"

I suppose I should explain my excitement. I knew that David was a huge fan of Fall Out Boy and I really liked them too, though if I had to pick a favorite I would probably say it was Panic! At The Disco. And so since they were going on tour together, it was like a total dream come true.

Usually when he heard about them going on tour he got super excited, but was always disappointed that he never got to go. I guess he wanted to skip the false excitement this time because he shook his head and said, "Let me guess, they're not coming to the UK?"

I widened my grin and said, "Actually, they're extending it to Europe! And guess what?! They're coming to London!"

"What?! When?!"

"In a few weeks! I've got the whole schedule on my ph-oof!" He immediately sat up at this and snatched the phone from my hand, knocking me on my back.

He mutter-read the post to himself, his eyes lighting up and not just from the bright screen he was looking at. "Oh my god! This is amazing! We have to go!"

I smiled warmly to myself seeing him so excited about something. He'd been pretty mopey the past few days since Ash and James had been spending so much time with Tom (though Ash had been becoming more elusive recently), and it didn't help that all Beth and Joe could think about were wedding details. He really needed something like this and I was beyond happy that this had come up.

"What's that thing on your face?" I teased, still lying on my back and gazing up at him.

He gave me a funny look and said, "Huh?"

"That white thing on your mouth." I pointed nonchalantly and he frowned, wiping his lips to try and get whatever it was off.

"Better?" he asked once he'd finished.