73. I Want That

After just ambling around for a while, I decided to ask, "What do you want for you want for your birthday?"

He shook his head, "I don't need anything."

"Well, you may not need something, but surely there's something you want."

"Nah, I'm good, really."

I groaned, "David, please tell me one thing! You're always so thoughtful with your gifts and I feel terrible for never getting you anything! Let me pay you back!"

"Angel, I get you things to make you happy. Seeing your smile is the only thing I want in return, I don't expect physical items."

I stopped walking and put my hands on my hips, "Charming, I am getting you a birthday present and that's final. I'll buy whatever you want, just tell me if something catches your eye and it's yours."

He chuckled, "You sure are set on this, huh?" I nodded and he sighed, "Oh, alright." He slowly turned in a circle and after a moment, his face lit up. He grabbed my arm and dragged me into the nearest clothing store, pulling me around as he looked for who knows what. Finally, he must have found what he'd been searching for because he stopped abruptly, almost making me crash into his back. He stood by my side and pointed, "I want that."

I followed his gaze and it landed on a mirror. I raised an eyebrow at him, "Feeling a little vain today, are we?"

"No no no, I want what's in it."

I rolled my eyes, "But that's still you."

He shook his head and pulled me closer to it. When it was an arm's length away, he put his finger on the smooth surface, pointing to me. "I want that."

I smiled at him sheepishly, "Well, you already have that."

He raised his eyebrows, "I do?" I nodded and he grinned, "Then there's nothing else I could possibly want."

I groaned, "David!"

He smirked and pulled me close to him, "I'll pick something out if you really want me to. Honestly though, all I could ever want or need is right here in front of me. With you, my life is complete."

I smiled and hugged him, "You're my favorite part of me, you know that?"

"You're the only part of me that matters," he murmured.

We held each other a little longer and I glanced at us in the mirror. I loved the sight, we just fit together like we were made for each other, although a lot of people would beg to differ. Seeing our embrace from this outside perspective somehow made it feel even more special. I slowly slipped out of his arms, giving his cheek a peck as I did.

"Let's go find your perfect present, shall we?"

He rolled his eyes but took my hand and we found our way to an electronics store. He finally decided that he wanted a new vlogging camera so I bought it for him and as soon as we were in the halls again, he started ripping it out of the box. He put the batteries in it and quickly skimmed over a few of the instructions before throwing the packaging away in a bin we passed.

I shook my head at him, "What are you doing?"

He grinned, "Well I wanna try it out!"

"Want me to film you?"

He held it out in front of us, "Nope, I want you to be in it!"

"Alright, as long as this doesn't go on your channel."

He shrugged, "This first test one won't. I just wanna see how the audio is and all that."

I nodded, "Then go right ahead."