104. Just A Joke

"Have I ever told you how incredible you are?" David murmured, stroking my chin with his thumb.

It was about 8 o'clock in the morning and we were lying in bed, having just recently woken up from our fantastic first night in this room. I smiled and shook my head against the pillow, "No, I don't think you have."

"Well, that simply won't do." He leaned his head forward just enough to brush our noses against each other and he breathed, "You, my beautiful Princess, are the most incredible person in the world."

I chuckled, "I know, I just wanted to hear you say it again."

He rolled his eyes and teased, "Wow, modest too."

I ignored that comment and simply gave him a gentle kiss, a familiar rush of energy flying through me. After a few moments I pulled away and snuggled up against him, tucking my head under his chin and absentmindedly tracing my finger across his chest in little swirling patterns. He placed a peck on top of my head and slowly rubbed my bare back, the touch of his skin warming me up like a cozy fireplace in the middle of a blizzard.

"Let's just stay right here all summer," I mumbled sleepily and felt him smile against my hair.

"Sounds good to me."

So we laid there for a while longer in comfortable silence, obviously knowing that we couldn't stay in bed forever, but just wanting to relax and enjoy our intimate embrace for as long as possible.

I could hear the sounds of people waking up throughout the house; the opening and closing of doors, a few hushed voices and soft footsteps, the muffled but distinct sound of pots and pans clanging together as they got ready to make breakfast. It was a nice change from the usual quiet mornings at my house and I could definitely see myself getting used to it.

After a while however, another sound joined the rest. It wasn't very loud, but I could tell it was close by. I wasn't sure what it was but I didn't really care and just ignored it, figuring it was just someone in the hall and that it would stop soon, which it did. Something clicked and the other noise went silent for a few moments, until suddenly...

Bang!

A loud and horrible buzzing sound filled the room and my hands immediately went to my ears, but it didn't really help at all.

David's whole body flinched and he tried to turn towards the door, but what he failed to realize was that he was practically right on the edge of the bed. So when he tried to turn around, the blanket wrapped itself around him and he slid right onto the floor, pulling all the covers with him.

"Rise and shine lovebirds!" came a sing-song voice over the terrible droning noise.

I shrieked and quickly tried to grab one of the sheets before it completely slipped off the bed, but I wasn't fast enough and it too fell onto the giant mound which David was now buried in. I glanced up at the door and my breath instantly caught when I saw a very smug Ash standing there with an air horn in one hand and a camera in the other. The color drained from my face and I quickly grabbed one of the pillows, frantically trying to cover myself with it as best I could, my arms shaking from shock.

Ash shook his head and said with a smirk, "You're not the first naked girl I've ever seen, Angel."

Terrified tears started pooling in my eyes and I brought my knees to my chest, feeling like a bug under a microscope.

David's hand finally popped out of the mountain of blankets on the ground and Ash turned the air horn off, switching his attention to the pile. David pulled one of the sheets away to reveal his face and he yelled, "What the hell are you doing?! Get out!" He was still trying to detangle himself from the mess of fabric he was caught in so he hadn't looked up at Ash yet.