34. This Magical Thing Called Xbox Live

We woke Saturday morning and I got a message from Stampy, "R2R?" It stood for "ready to record" and I sent back "5m" which is five minutes.

"Hey Mindy, I'm going to be recording downstairs so help yourself to some breakfast or whatever. Just please be quiet."

"What are you recording?"

"Minecraft videos."

Her eyes lit up, "Really? Do you put them on YouTube?"

"Yes, but this is for someone else's channel."

"Can I watch?"

I contemplated for a moment, remembering how David had interrupted me when he was here, but decided it would probably be fine. "Sure, if you really want to." She grinned and followed me downstairs. I got everything set up and joined his world.

"Hey Stamps, ready?"

Mindy squeaked and I glanced over to her. Her eyes were wide and she was leaning over the edge of her chair. "That's not the real Stampy, is it?" she whispered. I smirked and switched from headphones to Kinect so she could hear as well.

"One sec," he replied, "getting my hunger down."

Mindy plastered herself to the back of the chair and her mouth gaped open. She looked from the screen to me about a billion times and eventually mouthed, "How?"

"Alright, you got materials and everything?" he asked.

I mouthed, "Just wait," and then said, "Yep, good to go."

"Okay in three, two," I put a finger to my lips, telling Mindy to stay quiet and she nodded. "One. Hello! This is Stampy, and welcome, to another Minecraft let's-play video! And another video, inside, of Stampy's Lovely World! Today, I'm going to be joined once again, by ElsieGurl!"

It was a flawless recording session and when we were done, I looked back to Mindy. She was staring at me and it seemed like she hadn't blinked the whole time. "You're, he's, but... how?!"

"Who's that you've got with you?" he asked and she yelped, bringing her knees to her chest.

I smiled, "Mindy, meet Stampy."

"Hello!" he said, but she stayed quiet.

I nudged her, "That's your cue."

"H-hi..." she whispered.

"What was that?"

"Sorry, I didn't realize she would be so starstruck. I didn't even know she knew who you were."

"Of course I know who he is! He's one of the most famous youtubers ever! You couldn't have warned me?" I just shrugged.

"Well it's a pleasure miss, Mindy was it?"

She swallowed and sat up a bit, "Yes, that's my name."

"Were you watching the recording?"

"Yeah... Is that not okay? Sorry, I should have realized, I promise I won't say anything about it to anyone."

He laughed, "It's fine, I was just wondering what you thought of it."

"It was so cool! It was weird seeing it from Angel's perspective though."

"Boy, I haven't heard Angel in a while."

She frowned, "What do you mean?"

"Well I have to call her Elsie for videos and Squid's always saying Princess." She lifted an eyebrow but didn't say anything about it. "Anyways, what did you think of the build?"