75. Don't Worry!

The first thing I was aware of was an arm around my waist. I smiled at the feeling of having another body next to me. I could get used to this, I thought serenely. Something buried itself in my hair and my ears picked up a small sigh. I stirred slightly but was shooshed and a hand stroked my arm, almost lulling me back into sleep. When I was on the edge of consciousness, I felt lips lightly brush against my forehead.

"I love you, Angel," David whispered, almost to himself, and the sound of his voice pulled me awake again.

"I love you too, birthday boy," I murmured, and allowed my eyelids to flutter open.

He glanced down and I was met with his sparkling blue eyes. He grinned, "You're too beautiful for your own good."

I batted my lashes dreamily and smirked at him, "I think the sex impaired your vision."

He set a finger under my chin and lifted my lips to his, "You know it didn't."

I kissed him slowly and he matched my movements, causing my heart to flutter. I rubbed my foot up and down his leg lovingly and let the tingling sensation run through me in waves. I was really enjoying it so when he started gently pushing me away, I had no idea why.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, worried that I might've upset him somehow.

He shook his head, "No, nothing's wrong. You should get ready, though. Lots to do today."

I smiled and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before pulling off the covers. I grabbed the last pair of clothes out of the backpack and sauntered over to the bathroom, not turning around when I closed the door. I got dressed, humming our song as last night played on repeat in my head. I was combing my hair when I heard a knock on the door to the room. Who would that be? I wondered and strained to hear through the door.

"Are you Mr. Spencer?" a deep voice asked.

"Yes, I am," David replied. "Is there a problem officer?" Officer? What's going on?

"Are you alone?"

"No," he said slowly, "my girlfriend is here with me."

"May I speak to her please?"

"Can you tell me what this is about?"

"We got a call that something might be going on here."

David's voice sounded colder when he asked, "Like what?"

My curiosity got the best of me and I creaked open the door, stepping into the room. I couldn't see past David so I didn't know who he was talking to. I crossed one of my arms in front of me to grab my opposite elbow and asked, "Is someone there?"

He glanced over his shoulder at me and said softly, "It's okay Princess, this'll only take a minute." He turned back to the hall and asked in a gruff tone, "Can we continue this elsewhere?"

The door swung open further so I finally got a look at the man standing there. He was large and muscular and had on a blue uniform which explained why David had called him 'officer'. His brown eyes were staring right at me and I suddenly felt self-conscious. His expression was kind though when he asked, "What's your name, sweetheart?"

David gawked at him but I wasn't sure why. "With all due respect sir, I-"

He turned to him, "I'm just doing my job, Mr. Spencer." He looked back to me and I glanced at David for reassurance. He just shrugged helplessly so I stood a little taller and lifted my chin proudly.

"Angel," I said in answer to his question.

"How old are you, Angel?"

Why is this man here and why is he asking these things? I was trying not to show how nervous I was about this whole thing but I couldn't help chewing on my lip. Should I say sixteen? I mean my birthday is tomorrow, surely that's close enough. But I suppose it's best not to lie to the law. "Fifteen," I decided to say. "May I ask why you want to know?"