18. I'll Never Forget You

["Shut Up And Dance" by Walk The Moon 'cause they be dancin' and it kinda fits, more so if you change a couple of the words but meh, it's close enough ;)]

✧✦☆★✧✦☆★

I felt something shake me gently. "Angel." I moaned and readjusted, trying to get more comfortable. "Angel, we're here."

I forced my head up and rubbed my eyes. When I opened them, I looked out the window. "We are not you liar," I muttered.

David shrugged, "Well, pretty much here."

I rolled my eyes and massaged the side of my head which was sore for some reason. I looked at him and my mind started to clear. "Wait, was I... on your shoulder?"

He shifted slightly and shrugged, "Your head just kinda fell there. I didn't want to wake you so I left it."

"You could have moved me, I can't imagine how uncomfortable that must have been."

"Eh, it wasn't so bad."

I lifted an eyebrow but the train's whistle blew so I looked back out the window to see us pull into the station. "Huh, I guess you weren't lying."

"You have no faith in me," he teased. We got off the train and went outside.

"Well," I started, "thanks for everything I guess and-"

"Wait, don't you want me to walk you back?"

"Uh, it's like right around the corner," I said, gesturing in the general direction of the hotel.

"I know, but it's the least I can do and you're so tired I wouldn't be surprised if you flopped on the ground right now." I rolled my eyes but didn't object.

When we got to the hotel doors, we looked at each other and I said, "Well, thank you. Hopefully I'll see you tomorrow."

"Woah woah, that's it? After everything that's happened?"

I shrugged, "Pretty much."

He rolled his eyes, "Well aren't you forgetting something?"

I thought for a moment but wasn't sure what he could mean. "I don't think so."

"Oh, I think you are. A little white book sorta like," he pulled out my autograph book from his back pocket, "this one?"

What the...? How did I not noticed that sticking out of his pocket? I guess I really am tired. I laughed, "Wow, I completely forgot about it." He handed it to me and I started to open it but he put a hand on the cover, stopping me. I looked up at him, "What's wrong?"

"Wait until I've gone. It's kind of embarrassing," he said with a smirk.

I poked him the chest, "Ha, ha."

"Well, I guess that's everything. See you tomorrow?"

I nodded, "Indeed. Goodnight, David."

He smiled, "To you as well." He walked off and I watched him for a ways, then went inside.

"Hey, we were expecting you back a while ago," my dad said when I entered the room.

"Yeah, sorry about that. There was a closing ceremony that took a while."

"Did you have fun?" my mom asked.

"Yeah, it was awesome."

"Were you okay... staying with him?" I could tell she was trying to hide the worry in her voice.

I gave her a reassuring smile, "Yeah, he was really nice. He even let me have the bed."

"Oh, that's good."