13. Wait, Are You... Jealous?

My dad and I strolled back out into the main area and he looked around. "Where do you want to go?" he asked.

I was already walking so he followed me. I wanted to go to the computer area so I could practice playing some more before I went against the gang. When we got there, I saw a familiar face and went over to him.

"Funny seeing you here," I said, and Tycer turned to me.

He grinned, "Hey, how's it going?"

I sat next to him, "Pretty good. What are you up to?"

"Just practicing my PVPing. You wanna join?"

"I've never done Hunger Games before."

His eyes widened in surprise, "Really?"

I nodded, "Really."

"Well I'll teach ya then." He told me the controls and we hopped into a game.

"You want to team?" I asked.

"Nah, I wanna see what you can do first."

"Fine, then can we at least have a temporary truce so I can learn what to do?"

"I think I can do that." The match started and we raced to the middle.

The first chest I opened was already empty, but the second one on the other hand... "No way! You'll never guess what I just got."

"What?" he asked curiously since he couldn't take his eyes from the screen.

"An iron sword and ender pearls."

"Already?! I call hacks!"

I laughed, "Yup, I'm such a hacker."

"So, about that teaming..."

I scoffed, "You had your chance dude!"

"Fine, but our truce is off!"

"Hey, that's not fair! I'm still a noob! A noob with an iron sword, but still a noob." He just shrugged. "Oh, it's on!"

"Like Donkey Kong," he agreed. We ran around for a while and I took out a few people.

"I'm getting some pretty good stuff here," I said confidently.

"Me too. Where are you? Let's see who's got the skills." Suddenly, we were teleported.

"Huh?" I looked around the area and realized we were in the final arena. "It's death match already? And we're the only ones left?!"

"Guess so. Ready to see if you've got beginner's luck?"

I smirked, "I don't need luck."

"That's some pretty big talk."

"Well, talk is the best distraction after all."

He furrowed his eyebrows, "What do you-? Hey!" I ambushed him and easily took him out. "Hey! No fair!" he whined.

"Yes fair! Rule number one in battle strategy, never let your opponent distract you."

"Fine, but I call a rematch!"

I shrugged, "Suit yourself." We played a few more games, each winning some and both losing some.

After a while, my phone went off so I checked it. We're done, where are you? I sent a quick reply and they showed up a few minutes later, just in time to see me win a game.

"Aw, gg," Tycer said.

"Indeed."

"Hey, what are you doing?" Squid asked.