101. That's Cool

The next few months went by in a blur and I eventually became numb to the pain in my heart. We kept our promise about visiting more often, but our times together were never long and each parting became more difficult than the one before it.

Eventually, there was only about a month left before summer began and we were both super excited. It meant that we could be together for longer periods of time and we could actually enjoy ourselves without having to worry about too many responsibilities or expectations hanging over our heads.

I was talking to David one day about a week after his latest visit, but there seemed to be something different about him. Usually he was always depressed and unenergetic for at least a few weeks after we had to leave each other, but today he was actually smiling and seemed to be excited about something. After waiting a bit to see if it was just an act, I finally decided to address his unusual mood.

"Are you okay?" I asked teasingly. "You're way too happy right now."

He shrugged, "I just got some good news this morning, that's all."

"Oh, 'good news,' huh? Well would you care to share this news with me?"

"Mmm, perhaps. But first, what do you usually do during the summer? Are there any annual trips or things that you go on?"

I shook my head, "Nah, I just chill around the house most of the time to be honest. I mean we do stuff for the holidays and those sorts of things, but otherwise my summers are pretty mellow. Well, aside from working all the time now, but I can't really help that."

He nodded, "Yeah, my summers are pretty much the same. But this year, it's going to be a little different..."

I leaned in closer to the screen and raised a brow, "Oh? And why is that?"

He smirked and tilted his chair back, "Well, I've been talking with our YouTube pals, and we all thought it would be cool to get together and do something this summer. So we started talking about a big group trip and tossed around a few ideas, bu-"

"Hold on," I interrupted him. "How come I wasn't consulted about this? I would want to come too!"

"I know, just hold your horses. I didn't want to tell you anything until we were certain about what we were going to do, which we are now."

"Oh, that makes sense. Carry on."

He chuckled and his eyes flashed with an excited and mischievous glint. "As I said, we talked about a few different things, but then we thought, why not just spend the whole summer together? We hardly ever get to see each other and this would just be a really fun opportunity, plus it would allow loads of collabs and stuff. So we started looking at places to rent and we found this amazing, huge estate that we can all live in for the whole summer! The internet is great and there are loads of rooms and things to do and it's in an awesome area an-"

"That's cool, David," I cut him off, a little harshly. I didn't want to hear about this amazing summer he had all planned out with his friends, not if I wasn't a part of it. It made me a little upset and to be honest I was jealous of everyone that would get to be with him for a whole three months. "It sounds like you'll have a lot of fun."

He tilted his head at me, "What's wrong? I thought you'd thrilled!"

"Well of course I'm happy for you, but do you really blame me for not wanting to hear the details? I mean you're all going to be having this incredible time while I'm stuck here by myself for the whole summer."

His eyes widened as if he'd just realized something and then he suddenly started laughing. "Angel, you think we wouldn't want you to stay with us?"