111. Ding Dong!

I stared at the TV screen across the room, my head tilted and my eyebrows furrowed with utter confusion. "What are you guys watching?" I asked, quite disgusted by what I was seeing.

James looked back at me, shocked. "You've never seen Jaws?!"

I scrunched my nose, "No, and I really don't care to. Why would you ever make a movie about a shark eating people? It's gross!"

"Exactly!"

I rolled my eyes and walked out of the room, heading for the stairs to get a snack from the kitchen.

"Psst! Angel!"

"Huh?" I looked around for the voice and spotted Beth peeking her head out of her room. I walked over with a smile, "Hey, what's up?"

"Can I get your opinion on something?"

"Yeah, su- woah!" She pulled me into the room and shut the door behind me, turning back to face me and smiling shyly.

"Sorry, I just didn't want Joe to see."

I quirked an eyebrow and she walked over to her closet, giving me a chance to glance around the room. I'd only been in here once or twice, but every time it took my breath away. It was such a cozy and intimate space; the warm brown walls accented with swirls of yellow and orange, the cute window seat that looked over the estate's garden, the intricate light piece hanging above it all. They'd really done well with the place, even though they were only staying here for the summer.

"So... What am I giving an opinion on?" I asked as she was taking a while digging through her closet.

"It was right here a minute ago..." she muttered to herself, sifting through all the hanging clothes.

I went to sit on the bed but stopped when I saw a few beautiful dresses delicately laid out over the comforter. "Uh, are these what you're looking for?"

She glanced over her shoulder and paused, sighing. "Goodness, I cannot focus on anything today." She walked over to the bed and ran her fingers over the silky fabrics, a little smile on her lips. "Could you help me pick one for tonight...?"

I grinned as I remembered her telling me about her plan for the night. "Ooh, the anniversary surprise, of course." I winked at her and she giggled quietly. I surveyed the dresses laid out in front of me, all of them gorgeous and just a hint suggestive. "Well, where are you taking him?"

A blush slowly took over her cheeks and she murmured, "It's a surprise..."

"Aww, you can't even tell me?!" I whined, giving her a pouty look.

She shook her and I sighed, "Oh, all right. Let's see here..." I carefully looked over each of the dresses, imagining what they would look like on her. "Hmm... I like this one..." I said, pointing to a long red strapless dress. "Also this one is cute..." This to a fun summery yellow one. "But my personal favorite would have to be this one." I picked up the one I was talking about and held it against her, smiling in success. "Ooo, yes! This would be a great color on you!"

She smiled, "You think so?"

"Why don't you try it on so I can get the whole effect?"

She giggled and took it from me carefully before hurrying into the bathroom to change.

I sat in her desk chair and asked, "So, how long have you two been seeing each other exactly?"

"This is our fourth anniversary..."

I smiled, "Do you think he's going to pop the question anytime soon?"

There was a pause and I could just imagine her face lighting up like a Christmas tree. "Uh... I-I dunno..." she stammered nervously. "I-I don't m-mind though..."