41. Here Goes Nothing

I woke bright and early the next morning. The first thing I did was send out a tweet about how to win the hats I'd brought with me. After that, I quickly got ready and studied myself in the mirror when I was done. People were going to see the real me. No more hiding behind an avatar. Angel was out on display for the first time. I blew a strand hair out of my face, Well, here goes nothing.

I walked down to the lobby and saw a few of the guys waiting there. Once everyone had joined us, we headed out. The building where the event was being held was significantly smaller than the huge warehouses that had been used for Minecon, but I felt it suited the purpose.

When we got inside, we were expected to help with last minute preparations which I didn't mind. I was surprised when we didn't get schedules, but Tycer informed me that the only things we had to concern ourselves with were the Area 33 panel at one and the signing at five.

It was soon time for Minevention to officially begin so I prepared myself as they opened the doors. It wasn't a massive rush, but a steady flow of people started coming in. I watched everyone mill about, checking out the different stands and areas that were dotted around.

The guys soon started walking so I followed them and asked, "Where we off to?"

"I wanna check out Hololens before it get's flocked," Jack said.

"Oh yeah, it's totally awesome," I replied.

They all stared at me, "You've used it?"

"Mhmm, it was at Minecon."

Tycer nudged me playfully, "Miss VIP over here, that booth was sealed up tight for anyone else."

I shrugged, "Not my fault you weren't good enough to get a pass."

Everyone "oohed" and he rolled his eyes, "This year I'd better get one."

I smiled, "I'm sure you will."

We soon made it to the Hololens area. It wasn't private this time, anyone could try it if they wanted to. I watched them all play around with it for a bit and decided to give it a go when they were done. They'd added a few more commands, but other than that it was the same. When I took the device off, I saw that a line had started forming and I quickly scurried out of the away.

We started walking around again and every once in a while someone would stop us, asking for a picture with one of them or for them to sign something. Nobody seemed to think twice about the girl wearing the "ElsieGurl" shirt that followed them around, but I didn't mind. I wasn't expecting to be noticed, at least not until the panel where they would announce who I was.

However, there was one girl that was apparently more observant than the rest. She had been talking to Tycer, but she kept glancing at me. I would always smile politely and when she was done with him, she came over to me. She was about my height although I could tell she was at least a few years younger. She had straight, honey blond hair and light brown eyes.

"Excuse me," she said in a rather thick Irish accent, "you wouldn't happen to be ElsieGurl, would you?"

I put on a friendly smirk, "I believe that's my name."

She started to grin and stuck out her hand for me to shake. "Hey, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm a big fan."

I complied to the handshake and asked, "What's your name?"

"Emily."

"Well Emily, are you enjoying Minevention so far?"

"Oh yes, I just tried the bow shooting game. That was a lot of fun."