10. On One Condition

I stopped when I got to the entrance and listened. It sounded like they were having fun. Squid came up beside me, but I went inside before he could say anything.

It was a lot smaller on the inside than I had thought it would be, but then I realized that it was divided into two "rooms." The half we were in had a few seats and some things on the walls that explained what Hololens was. The back curtain had a section that acted like a door. I didn't see Stampy so I figured he was trying it out. I went to one of the papers on the walls and pretended to read it, but I was too shaken up. I heard Ash ask where Tom was and Squid just said he didn't know. He didn't come up to me which I was grateful for.

After a little while, Stampy came back, a huge grin on his face. "That was so awesome."

"Squid, it's your turn," Ash said, looking at a schedule on the wall.

David turned to me, "I'll switch places with Angel." Everyone looked at me and I shrunk into a corner, petrified by the sudden attention. "Come on, I insist." My gaze darted around but I didn't move. He came over to me and whispered, "I bet it will cheer you up." I chewed my lip, trying to decide if I should just give in, and finally sighed in submission. He grinned and pulled away the curtain that was acting as a door. He gestured inside, "Right this way."

I stepped into the room and he closed it behind me. It was surprisingly soundproof considering we were only separated by basically a sheet. I walked to the center where there were two tables. One had the device and a list of commands on it and the other was a replica of the one in the video.

I put the glasses on and said the command to generate the world. It materialized and I smiled. I played around with it a bit, looking in caves, setting stuff on fire, inspecting the things that had been built. It was fun and it did in fact make me feel better. When my time was up, I reset the world for the next person and stepped back into the "waiting room." I went over to my dad who was talking to Ash and Lee.

"Hey, how was it?" he asked.

"It was so cool, I've never seen anything like it."

"Glad you had fun."

Ash looked at the schedule again, "Looks like I'm next. But you know what, why don't you go ahead Squid?"

He turned when he heard his name, "Hmm?"

"You go mate."

"No no, I said I would switch."

"We can still go in order, I'm sure it's not a big deal."

"You sure?" He nodded so Squid went into the other room.

"What were you guys talking about?" I asked.

"We were just going over the schedule again, estimating how long things will take."

"You really like to be on time, huh?"

"Usually I'm late for stuff so I'm trying to break that habit."

"Oh, that's good. Well what are we doing after this?"

"We have some free time before the ride opens at one. We'll probably get some lunch."

"Wait, there's a ride?"

"Yeah, it's not like a roller coaster or anything but it should still be pretty cool."

"Hmm, interesting. Do you have any more panels or anything?"

"No, not until tomorrow."

I frowned, "Tomorrow? Oh yeah, this is a two day thing, isn't it?"

"Uh, yeah, you didn't know that?"