14. Is Something Wrong?

The guys got stopped quite a few times by fans asking for autographs or whatnot but after a while, they just started saying no. "Sorry, we're really busy. Come to the meet and greet tomorrow."

I saw their faces fall and I felt bad for them. To be honest, I had thought that was going to be me. I thought I'd go up to them and they'd push me away, uninterested. That's what was happening to these kids and I didn't like it.

I stopped and Squid turned to me, "What's the hold up?"

"It's not fair."

"What's not?"

"You're pushing them away."

"We're busy, we told them this morning that we might not get to talk to them."

"I know, but look at them," I gestured to one near us that was walking away with their head down. "They came just to see you and you're denying them that. A lot of them might not be able to come tomorrow, so you basically just told them to buzz off. That would've been me if I hadn't met you and I would've been devastated."

He looked over to them and then to his watch, "If we stop for everyone, it'll be over by the time we get there."

I cocked an eyebrow, "Do you really want to see it?"

He sighed, "I don't know, it's not necessary but-"

"Then it's settled." I started walking towards one of the kids but he grabbed my arm and I turned back to him.

He had an odd expression on again, I couldn't quite tell what it was though. "What about you?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

"You're going to be really bored just watching us talk to people."

I rolled my eyes, "I'll be fine, I'm sure I can find something to do around here." I put a mischievous glint in my eye, "Unless you want me to leave."

"No!" he said quickly, and I smirked at him. I could've swore he blushed as he tried to cover it up, "Uh, I mean, um... never mind."

"Are you going to let me go anytime soon?"

He looked at his hand that was still on my arm and awkwardly let go. He cleared his throat, "Right, I'll go see what I can do. Coming Ash?"

"You bet."

So they hurried to catch up with some of them and my dad smiled at me, "That was really thoughtful of you."

I shrugged, "I just want them to have as good a time as I am. They're great guys and I don't want anyone to think otherwise."

He waited a moment and then asked, "So has he booked my ride yet?"

I blushed, "Oh, um, I might've... forgotten to ask about that."

He rolled his eyes teasingly, "Well you'd better get on it then."

"I will after this, I promise."

"Well the ride is like an hour long and I don't want to be getting back really late."

"I'll ask him, sheesh. He's busy now, just hold your horses."

I found a place to sit and just watched them for a while. The kids' faces lit up and I smiled at the sight. After a little while I did get kind of bored, but it was nice to just have some down time. I put my headphones in, closed my eyes, and just relaxed to some of my favorite songs. I felt myself start to drift off a few times so it was hard to determine how much time had passed. After a while, one of my earbuds was pulled out so I opened one eye and glanced at who it was.