25. I Don't Know What To Say

In the morning, I skyped David from my tablet so I could carry it around. He answered and I pointed the camera to the package he had sent, "What is this?"

"Well you have to wait until tomorrow to find out."

"You said it wasn't expensive!"

"It's not!" he said laughing.

"Really? Something this big isn't expensive?"

He shrugged, "Not for me."

I groaned, "David!"

"Oh, what's it matter how much it cost? It's the thought that counts, isn't it?"

I sighed, "Fine."

He grinned, "There you go, embrace the holiday spirit!"

"Will you be home tomorrow at this time?"

"Mmm, I'm not sure. How come?"

"I was gonna Skype you while I opened it."

"Oh yeah, I want to see that."

"Cool, I guess I'll see you then?"

"Wouldn't miss it." I signed off and asked if we could go last minute shopping. My parents agreed and I wandered around the store looking for the perfect gift for Cam.

I found some figurines from a game he kept talking about and decided to get those. As I was walking up front, something caught my eye. It was a Minecraft display with squids in the pretend water. It wasn't very creative and it certainly didn't compare to what he got me, but I decided to buy them for David. When we got home, I wrapped up the gifts and texted Cam to see if he was home. He said he was, but his dad was as well so we decided to meet halfway between our houses. It was surprisingly nice out for this time of year so I put on a light jacket and headed out, putting David's gift in the mailbox on my way to be brought to the post office.

I smiled when I saw him, "Hey you."

"What's going on?"

I handed him the gift, "Merry Christmas Eve. I know it's nothing special, but I wanted to get you something at least."

"Angel, I told you, I don't need anything."

"Well too bad."

He rolled his eyes but pulled the figures out of the bag, "Woah, these are awesome! Thank you Angel, you're the best."

I gave him a quick hug, "It was my pleasure."

"I wish I could stay longer but we're going down to my grandma's so I've got to go."

"Alright, have fun." He nodded and walked away, turning the presents over in his hands.

We went to my uncle's house for Christmas dinner and didn't get back until 11 PM. However, I still woke up relatively early and hurried down the stairs. My parents were already awake and waiting for me so I set up the tablet for the Skype call.

I waited patiently for him to answer and grinned when he did. His expression was the same as mine and he greeted, "Happy Christmas!"

Ugh, why do say it like that over there? Haha, oh well, I just have to accept it I guess. "To you as well." I glanced around him and saw that he didn't have any packages or boxes to open and I felt kind of bad. "I did send you something, it should be there in few days."

He rolled his eyes, "I told you didn't have to."

"I know, but I wanted to." I eyed up my gifts eagerly, "But enough dilly-dallying, I'm ready to dig into these puppies."