42. What An Unusual Name

The next day was pretty much the same as the first, nothing spectacular happened. On the third day though, I was informed that the signing was being moved to the morning, so we went straight over there and got started.

After about two hours of signing and picturing taking and talking, there were only a few people left in line. The last person finally made their way up to me and I admired their patience. I certainly wouldn't have waited in line for two hours at least. They were very short and holding a piece of paper in front of their face.

"Hi, I'm Elsie," I said in my happy tone that I always used with kids.

"I know," came an odd, squeaky voice from behind the paper.

"Are you shy?" I asked when they still wouldn't put it down.

"Yes."

"Oh, that's okay. I'm pretty shy too sometimes."

"I'm your biggest fan."

I'd heard that from a lot of people but I still said with a smile, "I'm flattered."

"I love your videos with Squid, you guys are really funny together.

Squid, I thought longingly. God, I wish he could be here right now. It's ridiculous how much I miss him. "Yeah, he's quite a character," I murmured. I shook away my thoughts of him and grabbed a postcard, "Who should I make this out to?"

There was a pause, and then, "Charming."

I lifted an eyebrow while I wrote, "What an unusual name. Is it your real one?"

"Nah." The voice had completely changed and my hand froze mid-signature. "It's just what my girlfriend calls me."

I couldn't believe it, surely this was someone playing a trick on me. I slowly raised my eyes to where the paper had been, but legs now took it's place, so I guessed the person had been kneeling before. I continued my gaze upward... and there he was.

I put a disbelieving hand up to my mouth and tears started to well in my eyes. "David?" I whispered.

He gave me that gorgeous smile of his, "It's me, Angel."

All the strength had left my body and it was impossible for me to stand. He came around to my side of the table and took my hands, sending the electric shock I had wanted for so long through me. He slowly helped me to my feet and I wouldn't leave his gaze.

The tears streamed down my cheeks and I collapsed into his arms. He didn't even budge from my weight, he was my sturdy rock that I could always lean on, no matter what. My lips were burning and I yearned to kiss him, but the guys didn't know about us so I buried my face in his soft hair. "I missed you so much," I murmured into his ear. I felt weightless in his embrace, like we could just float away together, and I held him tighter to stay grounded.

I finally composed myself enough to pull away. He wiped my tears away like he always did and took my hand. "Well, are you going to introduce me?"

I smiled and turned to everyone. They were all staring at us but I didn't care. I didn't care about anything except him. "Guys, this is Squid. Squid, this is the Area 33 team and I'm sure you already know the others."

He grinned at them and they all exchanged looks. Finally, Ryan stood and shook Squid's hand, "It's an honor to meet someone as successful as yourself."

"Oh, don't think of me as some celebrity, I'm just like all of you! A guy that loves making videos and hanging out with his mates!"

He smirked, "That does sound like me."