82. Should We Be Worried?

"Alright, so the pictures are posted on multiple different sites, all on accounts called 'Squelsie'," Cam said as he quickly clicked through pages on my computer. "This person is claiming that this was all yours and Squid's idea and that you asked them to take the pictures for you. They posted something that said you two 'thought it had been long enough' and were 'ready to finally come out about your relationship'. People keep asking questions but they just get ignored because obviously no one knows the answers."

"This is so wrong," Mindy spat disgustedly.

"What exactly are these 'rumors' Mr. M was talking about?" I asked curiously.

Cam scrunched his nose, "There's so many and they're all so ridiculous that I don't think anyone believes them. There is one that seems to be sticking, though. Basically they just think that he was at your party and asked you out there, but there are some people that suspect it's been longer."

He kept scrolling through comments, looking for any other insistent rumors. If he ever saw hate he would quickly try to get it off the screen, but sometimes he was slow and I was able to read a few of them. All of them made my blood boil and I couldn't believe how people could talk like this about something they knew nothing about.

"WTAF I'm dying, get it out of my sight!"

"EW! They're like a decade apart! I think I'm gonna be sick..."

"Unsubbing! I won't be able to see their faces ever again without gagging."

"I bet they're just doing this for the publicity. Hmph, I thought they were better than this. I guess they're just like everyone else."

I gawked at their words and actually almost felt bad for these people. They obviously hadn't thought for a second about what they were writing or how it would affect me. "Publicity?" The word rolled off my tongue sickeningly. "They think this is a publicity stunt?"

Cam glanced at me and scowled, "Angel, you shouldn't be reading this!" He tried to push me away but I just pushed him back, not taking my eyes from the screen. "Angel, I'm serious! I don't want these things to get to you!"

My nails dug into the back of the chair, "Oh, they aren't getting to me. I'm just in awe of how stupid people can be." I looked down at him, "Move."

"I don-"

"Move," I growled and he reluctantly slid out of the chair. I sat in his place and asked, "What site is this person most active on?"

"Twitter, but I rea-"

I ignored his protests and logged into my Twitter. I had thousands of private messages and my entire feed was full of Squelsie drama. I clicked on the Squelsie account and immediately started typing them a strongly worded message, basically threatening them to take down the pictures, but Mindy put a hand on my back.

"Maybe you should try to be nice first?" she suggested. I huffed but she did have a point, I didn't want to scare them off straight away. So I deleted what I'd just written and tried again, thinking as positively as I could while the haters' words still floated around in my mind.

"Hi Squelsie, it's Elsie here. I know you're probably just a fan and think this is all fun and games, but I'm going to have to ask you to take the pictures down. This was private information that no one was ever intended to know about. I'm just asking to try and protect Squid and my privacy, surely you can understand. Just imagine how you would feel if someone posted your biggest secret on the internet. You wouldn't like it, would you? So please, tell everyone this was all a joke and that the pictures are fake. I would be eternally grateful."