Phone Call

I'm gonna try to write this part mostly in Jen's POV.

I wake up around 8 to the sound of Catie crying. Brad's on set all day so I better get up. I walk over to Catie's room and see her crying in her crib "What's wrong sweetie?" I pick her up.

"I want out!" She snuggles up to my chest.

I take her out of her crib to change and dress her then take her down to eat.

"Can you go play with your toys? I have to go call grandma."

"I watch tv?"

"Yeah, I'll put your shows on."

I put her shows on then walk back into the kitchen to call my mom.

*phone ringing*

"Hello?"

"Hey mom, it's Jen."

"Jen?" She asks with a hint of excitement.

"Who else calls you 'mom'?" I laugh

"Forget it. How are you? Why'd you call?"

"I'm good. Brad and I were wondering if you wanted to come with us and Catie to Canada in 2 days. We would come to NY for a day first."

"Really? You want me to come with?" Nancy says surprised.

"Of course. I really want you to meet them, and it will be fun."

"Then I'll gladly go with. Thanks so much! Do you want me to get rooms?"

"We'll take care of that. We were just going to get a 3 room suite."

"That sounds nice."

"Well I have to go, Brad's gonna call soon, and I left Catie alone in the living room."

"Thanks again. Have a good day. love you!"

"Love you too, mom"

I go back into the living room and watch tv with Catie for awhile until Brad calls me.

"Hey."

"Did you call your mom?"

"Yeah. She really wants to go."

"That's great! I have good news!"

"Really? What?"

"We're done filming today. If you want we can leave late tonight or early tomorrow. "

"That's great! I think early tomorrow will work best Catie can hopefully sleep on the plane then."

"Sounds good. I'll be home around 5 again. Do you wanna go out for dinner? She asked me when she can go out again as I was putting her to bed last night."

"Sure where?"

Brad tells me the restaurant and I write it down before the Director yells for him to come back.  The call ends and I turn to Catie who is trying to keep her eyes open.

"Catie you look tired."

"Nap time?"

"Yeah, come on." I carry her up into her room for her nap.

I start packing and after awhile I go down to make myself lunch while I'm eating Sherry walks in.

"Hey, Jen. Are you busy?"

"Nope. Catie's napping. What's up?"

"I was out shopping and your dad's at work so I thought I'd stop by." She sits on a bench at the counter so we can talk.