day 1

The last thing I remember is Brad telling me to sleep and now they announced we're in NY. He decided it would be a good idea to let Catie craw on me to wake me. "Mommy wake up!" She says as she digs her elbow into me.

"I'm up sweetie." I say changing her position. "When did she wake up?"

"About an hour ago. She was looking out the window for awhile" Brad laughs.

"I guess she likes flying."

They announce that we landed and cab get off the plane. I start walking holding Catie but she tries to get out of my arms "I walk!"

Brad picks her up "You can't walk here its too crowded."

I grab the carry on and follow Brad through the crowded airport "I guess we better find the rental car place."

I go over and fill out the papers and we get in the car. I drive because I know how to get to my mom's. "We're almost there"

Brad holds my hand, knowing that I'm a nervous wreak  "Calm down you look nervous. It's gonna be fine."

I turn up into her driveway and sit in my seat frozen for a few seconds, running everything through my head "I know. Let's go."

Brad gets Catie out of her car seat and she holds my hand as we walk up to the door "Ready to meet grandma sweetie?" She doesn't answer, just looks at me. I knock on the door and wait for my mom to answer.

Nancy answers the door "Hi! Did you guys have a good flight?"

I walk in with Catie while Brad gets our stuff out of the car.

"It was good. I slept most of it, but she liked it."

"Where's Brad?" She asks looking around.

"He's bringing in our stuff.  We didn't want her deciding she's was going to help and drop something."

"Okay. So this is Catie?" She looks from me to Catie, who in typical 2 year old fashion, is sitting through my purse hoping to find something she can destroy "She looks exactly like you did."

"Yep," I look at Catie "Go say hi to grandma."

Catie goes over and hugs her "Hi!"

"Hi sweetie, you're adorable. I have something for you." She says as she hands her a present that Catie opens right away. She tears off the wrapping paper as quickly as possible.

"Princess!!" Catie yells, shoving it in my face. 

"You didn't have to do that, mom."

"I know, but I figured she would like it."

"Well thanks." I smile watching her and Cat play.

Brad walks in with our stuff a few minutes later and puts it on the floor. Catie runs up to him right away, showing off her new toy "I got princess!"

"She looks like you," Brad says picking up Catie and looking at my mom "I guess you got her this?"

Nancy smiles "Yep. I saw it and couldn't resist."

"It's very cute" I say

"So, I guess you're Brad?" My mom asks trying to ease tension.

Brad puts Catie down and walks over to us "Yep. It's really nice to finally meet you."

She smiles "I'm glad we're finally meeting."

"I wish it could've been sooner but I wanted everything sorted out between us first." I say