Trouble

"Brad!" I whisper loud enough so he can hear me causing him to almost roll out of the bed.

"What's wrong?! Are you ok?" he asks trying to get back to his spot.

I laugh at him and help "I'm fine. I just couldn't sleep."

"Awe, are there monsters on your side of the room too?" he asks playfully

"Big hairy, scary looking monsters." I answer him in a childish voice.

Brad wraps his arms around me "Do I need to scare them away?"

"No I think I'm OK." I lay my head on his chest.

He looks down and kisses my forehead "I love you."

"I love you, too." I look up and kiss him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

I wake up noticing that Brad isn't in bed, and I can hear him yelling at Catie downstairs. I walk down and Catie comes running at me crying.

Brad walks over to get her then sits her back on the couch "She's not going to be happy with you either."

I walk over with them to see what happened and I see sharpie writing on the coffee table that looks like she was trying to spell her name "Did you do this?"

All Cat does is nod.

I look at Brad to see what to do and he motions me towards the kitchen.

"How did that happen, and what do we do with her?"

"I don't know where she got the sharpie but I turned the TV on for her while I made her breakfast then when we went in after she ate I saw that." Brad walks to the side so he can see her "I think I scared her enough. I knew you'd be pissed off so I wanted to get it cleaned up. I didn't mean to wake you."

I walk over and stand next to him "it's 9:30 anyway don't worry. I guess if we make her help clean it that's fine."

Brad gets cleaning supplies from the cabinet and walks towards the living room "You stay in here this stuff smells horrible and it's really strong."

After about 5 minutes Brad comes back in the kitchen with Cat.

Cat walks over to me and tries to get in my lap "I'm sorry, mommy."

I help her up "You really can't do things like that. It could've ruined the table. Just don't do it again."

"I won't." She leans on me and starts playing with my hair.

Brad walks behind me and puts his hand on my shoulders rubbing them "I think she's getting tired. She's been up since 6 running around."

I get up and walk over to the couch then put Catie down with a cover over her "This is big enough she has room to sleep."

Someone knocks on the front door and Brad goes to get it "Was someone supposed to be coming?"

"Not that I know of."

Brad opens the door and my dad's standing on the other side

"The side was locked." He says as be walks in

"I forgot to unlock it this morning I guess. Catie was running around like a crazy person so I was trying to stop her." Brad walks into the kitchen opening the fridge then looks at me "Where's the beer?"

I walk up and get a water bottle "It's on 10 in the morning, and I threw it out."

Brad offers dad a drink then looks at me surprised "Are you serious? Why would you throw away my beer?"

I shrug and sit at the table "I can't drink any so you can't put it in the fridge right in front of me."

My dad sits down across from me and laughs "You guys are funny."

"You should have seen it earlier. He woke me yelling at Cat."

"What did she do?" My dad asks Brad

Brad sits down next to me "She found a sharpie and drew on the coffee table while I was making her breakfast."

"He got it cleaned but there's still some marks."

My dad looks at the table "You could probably just paint over it."

"How are you and Sherry?" Brad asks as my dad sits back down.

"Good. We're thinking of taking a small trip. What about you guys? Do you have a name picked out?"

I look at Brad for approval "The other day we were talking and we think it's going to be Alexandra Jane. They way it's kinda part of both families. We asked Alex if he's OK with it and he said he doesn't care."

"That's a really cute name! I love how you include family in it." My dad smiles "I'm really happy for the two of you."

"Thanks, John, we're really happy too."

We sit and talk for a little then Catie wakes up and we eat.

"Well I should probably go. Sherry will get mad if I skip lunch again." he stands up and walks towards the door "Love you guys!"

"Love you too, dad." I say hugging him then he leaves.

"Catie, what are you doing?" I ask as I watch her jump around on the couch

"Playing." she keeps jumping

Brad comes over and wraps his arms around me "She's fine. Come over here."

I follow him over to the hall and he kisses me sweetly then whispers in my ear "I love you."

"I love you too, but what is this for?"

He pulls me as close as he can hugging me "I just wanted some time with you."

"Awe. I love when we have time together. It reminds me of when we first got married."

"Me too." He smiles "But Catie's well worth the time we don't have together."