Lasting memories

I walk downstairs to see Brad, my mom, and Cat sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Hey!" Brad says when he sees me "We were going to wait for you but Catie got hungry."

"it's ok. I'm not really hungry right now anyway."

Brad gets up for a drink "Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." I sit down next to Catie

"Hi, mommy!!!" she yells getting food all over herself and the table.

I clean some off the table "Hi, sweetie! I missed you yesterday. Did you have fun with grandma?"

"Yeah, we play and eat!"

"it sounds like you had a fun day then." I look over at my mom "Thanks so much for taking her yesterday. It was really nice to relax and sleep."

"You're welcome." she smiles "I'm glad you had a nice day!"

"Was she good?" Brad asks sitting back down.

"Yeah, towards the end I could tell she was getting tired. That's why I just let her sleep on the way home."

"Well I hope you aren't too tired. If you want to you can go rest. It's rainy so I don't think we're doing anything today." I clean off Catie.

"I might do that in a little." She smiles and gets up "Are you sure you don't want anything?"

"Yeah, I just don't feel that good. Thanks anyway."

A few hours later it's pouring and my mom's sleeping so Cat is sitting between Brad and I on the couch watching a movie.

"Mommy, baby here?"

"In a little over 3 months. It will be after your birthday."

"Why long?" She crawls over laying on me

"It's going to seem really long." I kiss her forehead "but it's worth it."

Brad moves over to us "Catie, what do you want for your party?"

"Mermaid! We swim."

"That does sound cute." I say "We could just have them wear a blue or green bathing suit and have them swim."

"Okay, then that's what we'll do. When should we have it?"

"I guess sometime early March." I look at my phone calendar "Her actual birthday is a Saturday so I guess we should just have it on the 7th."

"That sounds good. Now, what are we doing for your birthday tomorrow?" Brad asks

"I don't want to do anything major. Just spend time with you guys and go out to dinner or have our parents over."

"Are you sure it's OK to have your parents? Will they get along ok?"

"They should. They never really didn't get along so I think they'll be fine."

(Okay, I don't really want to do this, but I'm going to skip to the next day so I don't have three days in a row as second chapters. I hope you like it!)

"Hapy birday, mommy!" I wake up to Cat yelling in my face smiling from ear to ear.

"Thanks, sweetie!" I lean over to hug her.

Brad kisses me "Happy birthday, babe!"

I kiss him back "Thanks, babe."

"Presents!" Cat pulls my arm so I get out of bed and we go downstairs to my mom. She must think she gets some.

"Happy birthday, Jen!" my mom walks over and hugs me

"Thanks, mom." I walk over and sit on the couch

"Mine" Cat hands me a medium box.

I open it and inside there's a small collage frame with pictures of Cat and I and on the side it says 'mommy and me'. "Awe, Cat I love it! Thank you!"

"You welcome."

My mom hands me another present. This one is a platform with a beautiful phrase about how much she loves me and a picture of us on the bottom. "Wow, mom, this is great! Thanks!"

"I was really hoping you would like it!"

"Well, I love it." I lean over and hug her

Brad pushes a big box over to my feet "I got you a few things. Some are also from Cate but she wanted them in here."

Opening the box the first thing i find I'd a teddy bear. Obviously, I know it's from Cate and she tells me it's for the baby. After that I get a circular stone. On the stone are Cat's hand and footprints with her name and birthday.

I look over at Brad and Catie fighting tears "I love it!"

Brad hands me the last things in the box. One is a calender with a different picture for every month. The next is a small box of home videos. One of our wedding day, one of when we brought Catie home from the Hospital, the last party we had with the Friends cast, and Catie's first and second birthday parties. At this point tears are falling freely "Brad, this is amazing."

For the next few hours until our parents come My mom, Cate and I watch the movies while Brad makes dinner.

"Jen, can you get the door?" Brad yells from the kitchen.

Cat jumps up from the couch "I get it!"

"Slow down you can hardly reach the door handle." I get up after her and open the door.

"Happy birthday!" Jane and William say as they walk in

"Thanks! If you want, there's home videos playing in the living room."

Jane leans over and whispers too me "Is that your mom?"

"Yeah, she's here for the week."

Catie grabs Jane & William's arms and pulls them towards the living room "See grandma."

I go into the kitchen and I can hear my mom and Brad's parents talking.

"What did you make?" I walk up to Brad wrapping my arms around him "it smells amazing!"

Brad turns around and kisses me "Steak and pasta. Who was at the door?"

"Your parents. They're in the living room with Cat and my mom."

Brad walks towards the living room grabbing my hand "Let's go with them."

When we get in the video playing is our wedding and Catie's eyes are glued to the TV "Mommy pretty dress!"

"You're mom was very beautiful that day!" William smiles at her "Just like you are."

"Thanks, that was a really great day."

My dad and Sherry walk in and we watch the rest of our wedding then all sit down to eat.

(This is going to be in narrator POV)

"So, Nancy, how have you been?" ~Sherry

"I've been good. How about you guys?" ~Nancy

"We're good, too." ~John

"So, Jen, how has your birthday been so far?" ~Jane

"Very good. I got to spend the morning with Brad, Cat and my mom then we watched some of the home videos."

"Well I hope the day finishes just as good." ~Jane

(Back to Jen's POV)

We all talk and eat for awhile then they leave and we all go to bed. Once we get to bed, Brad hands me an envelope and says it's another present. When I open it I see that he bought be a zoo animal, a tiger, along with that he has a card with a note that says 'You're a lamb in the kitchen. but a tiger in bed.' a quote from the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

"Aw, Brad, you didn't have to do that. And nice note!"

"Hey," he kisses me "I just state the truth."
(Thanks MorganAniston0211)