Date night

Brad walks in hugging me from behind and kisses my neck "Are you ready?"

I quickly finish my makeup and turn around "Yep."

"You look amazing." he stares me up and down in my sundress "I can't wait for tonight."

"It's gonna be great." I grab my purse "You look really good too."

"That dress reminds me of the date we went on right after we found out you were pregnant with Cate." he opens the door and we start walking "I love it."

"Awe, thanks. So, where are we going?" I asks as we walk out the door "it's a beautiful night."

"I was thinking the restaurant on the deck overlooking the beach, then making a walk on the beach for a little." he picks up some flowers from the porch "These are for you."

"You didn't have to do this." I smell them "They're amazing. Thank you, so much."

He puts them back and we start to walk again "I told you I'd give you a great date, so that's what you're going to get." we get to the restaurant and sit at our table and he orders our drinks then reaches for my hands across the table "I have something for you."

I look across at him surprised "You didn't have to do that, I didn't get you anything." when I look again I see that he has a small black box in the middle of the table so I open it to and see a beautiful diamond ring. "This is beautiful, but we already have rings."

He takes my left hand and slides it over top of my wedding and engagement ring where it fits perfectly "It's an eternity ring. I know it's not our anniversary or anything, but I've had it since our last one and was waiting for the perfect time to give it to you, so I decided to bring it with."

"I love it!" I start to cry a little "You really didn't have to do this though, I feel spoiled."

"Well you should." he leans over the table wiping my tears away "You deserve everything you get."

We order our food and then walk hand in hand on the almost deserted beach.

I listen to the waves crashing up against the shore for a while before I notice that Brad has been talking to me "Jen!"

Once he notices I'm listening again he leans in for a kiss "You okay?"

"I'm fine." I smile looking at him "I was just thinking about how that water must feel."

He picks me up "Why don't we find out?"

I try to get out of his firm grip "No!" I squeal

"Too late." he smirks and runs into the ocean putting me down

"You're an ass." I jokingly hit him "I could've died if you dropped me or something."

He laughs "Like I would ever drop you. You couldn't even slip out of my arms." he grabs my hand and pulls me out a little more so small waves are hitting us "This is amazing, I don't remember the ocean ever being this much fun."

"That's because you were never there after sunset with me. I'm pretty special." I splash him a little "And very fun."

"Just so you know, you started it!" he splashes me before I even get the chance to understand what he's talking about "And I will end it."

I splash him and jump on his back making him go underwater "I think I win."

"You might have won that, but once I get you again you wont." he gets the water off his face and tries to grab me.

I start to run out of the ocean and look back to see him almost catching me "Shit!"

He quickly catches up to me and picks me up spinning me around to kiss me passionately "Told you I would win."