Road day

While in the RV I'm going to have it that the kids are going to be in their car seats and the table. Also, I'm not going to be writing many more (maybe only 1.) of them just driving. I don't really know what to have them do so there will be more parts of the actual vacation.

"Mommy where are we?" Cat wakes up looking worried

I look back at her "We're driving for our vacation. Do you want to eat?"

"I want berries." she looks around "Where daddy?"

"Daddy's sleeping so he can drive next." I hand her some cut up berries and a drink "Be careful."

"Is El still sleeping?" Shannon asks from the front "Normally she's up by now."

I look over "Yeah, I think she is. Do you guys want coffee or anything?"

"Please." they both say and I take it to them "Thanks."

"Welcome. Just let me know if you need anything else."

Cat starts to pull me towards Ally's seat "Ally play."

I put Cat at the table "She has to stay in her seat. You should be in yours too."

"But I want to play." she starts kicking the table when I put her back in her seat "You mean."

"You need to sit here so you're safe. You can play with some of your toys on the table if you want." I give her some blocks "Do you want me to play or go back in my seat?"

"Your seat!" she starts to build things "I build a castle."

"Okay, have fun." I go back to the seat towards the front "Where are we?" I ask John

"Close to Phoenix" he looks at the GPS "We still have about 16 hours until we get there."

"Are we gonna stop somewhere before we switch drivers?"

Shannon looks back "Yeah, that's best, then we all get a little break."

Brad walks out to us "How long was I sleeping?"

"Well it's about 8 so like 4 hours." I point the counter "There's coffee if you want some."

Cat starts trying to get out of her car seat "Daddy! You play?"

"For a little, but you have to stay in your seat." he sits across from her "What are we building?"

"A castle."

He helps her "Is it for you to live in?"

"It too little for me." she gives him blocks

"Then who's it for?" he asks

"Ally. She the small princess."

"Awe, that's sweet, Cat." he looks in Ally's seat "When she wakes up we can show her."

John pulls into a restaurant next to the zoo "Here we are."

Shannon and I sit at an outside table with Ally while El and Cat run around.

"I hope they don't get too bored in the RV." Shannon looks at Ally "I think she's going to be the favorite by the end of the trip."

"I think she will be." I laugh "We'll just have to make more stops while they're up so they can stretch. When they're sleeping it doesn't really matter."

"Have you tried driving it yet?" she asks "It should be fun."

"No, I was supposed to and then my mom called. Have you?"

"Nope. I hope it isn't too hard." she looks over at the girls "it's great they get along so good."

"Yeah, I hope it lasts. It's nice to do family things like this."

Brad and John walk out with our food and we all sit and eat.

"The zoo is only open 4 more hours because of some event."~John

"So should we go after we eat, then keep driving through the night? Maybe we'll see something that looks good tomorrow."

"There should be something once we get to Texas. Who's driving next?"~Shannon

"Me. For like 5 hours, the either you or Jen." ~Brad

"I'll go after him, I can do almost all night."

"That sounds good. I'll do it until sometime tomorrow morning then?" Shannon

"Yeah, then we can just start over again." John

We finish eating and walk over to the zoo.

"Cat you have to either hold onto the stroller or daddy's hand. We don't want you to get lost."

She holds onto the stroller "Where animals?"

"They're in the zoo. You'll see them soon." Brad says getting our tickets "Okay, let's go."

John walks up next to me "She's so cute. She reminds me of you when you were 3."

"Awe, you thought I was cute?" I ask

He laughs "Well you were really, really annoying, but also really cute."

"I love you too, John."

Brad looks back at the girls "Look, there's lions!"

They run up to the fence to look at them and Shannon takes pictures "They're so cute!"

"They really are! Can we keep them 3 and 6 forever?"

"I wish." she laughs and hands me the camera "Can you get a picture of the three of us?"

I take the picture, then she takes one of Brad, Cat, Ally and me "Do you like it here so far?" I ask while we're eating ice cream

"Yeah, it fun!" Cat yells

"You're making a huge mess." I clean her a little "What's your favorite part, El?"

"The elephant."

"Those were really cool!" I take both their hands "Let's go find the others, they're probably looking for us."

"Mommy, we stay here?" Cat asks

"No, we're just looking at the animal, the we're going to be driving again."

"it's boring in the RV." El says

"I know." I sigh "I packed some puzzles and movies so you gives have those."

We find the others looking at monkeys and Brad walks right up to us "Look, Cat, I found you!" he points to a monkey

"I not moneky!"

He laughs "I know. Where were you?"

"We got ice cream."

"Catie, you were supposed to tell them." I pick her up

"She just likes me more, so she has to tell me everything" He takes her "Right, Cat?"

"Yeah."

"Why couldn't I ever do that to El?" John asks Shannon

"Because she knew better than to do that to me." Shannon laughs and points to a monkey "That one kinda looks like you. It has your nose."

I walk next to her "You're right, it's does look like him."

John picks up El "Does that look like me?"

She looks closely at it "A little."

"Ugh." he puts her down "You guys are all against me."

"We better get going, the zoo is closing soon." I get Ally's stroller "I'll get the movies and games out for them."

Weird ending, lol. Sorry I just don't know what to write about them just sitting in the RV.