Shock

"Brad! Wake up, someone's downstairs!" I shake him until he finally gets up "And the light is only in Ally's room."

He jumps up and looks over the railing into the living room "it's just Sherry." Pulling me towards the railing he points to where you can see the kitchen "See."

"Did we wake you?" Sherry asks as she takes a break from cooking "I heard Ally crying so I got her and Cat wanted up too."

"Kinda." I get a plate and some food "You scared me a little too, I could see the light in her room was on and heard you moving around. Where's dad?"

"Sleeping." She gives Brad some food "He told me I was making too much noise and I should come here."

Brad gets everyone drinks then sits down with us "Well you're welcome to come here and cook anytime."

She looks over at me "Don't you cook for him?"

"Apparently not." I cut up Cat's waffles for her "I guess waking up sick isn't a good excuse for not always making breakfast."

"You still wake up sick? Is it bad?" Sherry asks and I can tell she's a little scared.

"Not anything major." I reassure her "Just enough to make me not really want to do anything."

"Well, I was thinking earlier, and I think the two of you should take a little vacation. For a day or two. Your dad, Alex and I will watch the girls." She says in the way that I know she won't take no for an answer.

"Really?" Brads asks her a little surprised "You sure you guys will do that?"

"Of course!" She smiles "But you have to leave today, or we can't do it."

I look at Brad for approval and right away he says yes "Just give us some time to pack."

An hour later, we're trying to leave but Ally is giving us a hard time.

"Mommy stay!" Ally cries trying to take my bag from me.

I sit down with her and let her cry leaning on me until she calms down a little "You're going to be okay, we're just going for a little and you get to be with grandma, grandpa and uncle Alex. You love spending time with them." I comfort her for a while and she cries herself to sleep so I lay her on the couch.

"Are you going to be good while we're gone?" I ask Cate and she nods "Will you help them with Ally too?"

"Yeah!" She smiles and hugs Brad and I "Bye mommy and daddy."

We get in the car and Brad won't tell me where we're going until we get about 20 minutes away from it. He gives clues like "You've seen it before, I've been here many times, my parents talk about it a lot."

I finally figure it out after the last one "Are we at their beach house?" I ask shocked.

He pulls into the driveway of the house "We are. Sherry and I may have been planning this for a little." He opens the house doors and brings our stuff in then gives me a tour.

"This is beautiful here! The view is amazing." I look over the deck railing

Brad wraps his arms around me kissing me for a while "I used to love sitting here, it's a really great place to think. We should probably go to a store, we don't really keep food except crackers and stuff like that."

I walk into the kitchen to get my purse then get in the car and we start driving to the store. Once Brad pulls into the parking lot we both get out "What do we need?"

"That depends, what do you want to eat?" He asks getting a cart and walking into the store "I think I want cereal and pop tarts."

I follow him towards that aisle and watch him get enough for like 5 people "Are you leaving those here for when someone else uses the house?"

"Uh, if you want me to." He walks towards the end of the aisle "So, what we getting?"

"Meat and pasta." I walk over towards the meat and get some steaks then get some pasta and sauce. We get a few other things then walk up to wait in line and pay. Once we get back I put the groceries away and Brad starts to make dinner.

He walks out with the food leaving the door open "It's nice out, maybe we should eat out here."

I take drinks and everything else out sitting it on the table then walk over to the railing and look out "It looks like those mountains would be fun to climb."

He walks over next to me "I've climbed them before, they're actually pretty easy." He quickly cuts me off "Don't get any ideas you aren't climbing them."

"It can't be that bad, it's not like I would die or anything." I look at him and see how serious he is "Fine, you aren't any fun."

"I can't be fun and keep you safe at the same time." He smirks walking back to the grille to finish making dinner then puts it in front of me at the table "Besides, we're supposed to be relaxing."

The amazing smell of the steak mixed with the nice breeze and the sunset makes it seem like a planned romantic evening. I try the steak and it takes just as good as it smells, making me want more and more right away. "You really are good at cooking, whether I give you credit or not."

"You should give me more credit." He jokes around and tries it for himself "It is very good. So, what do you want to do? We could watch a movie, go for a walk along one of the trails, anything."

"The walk sounds like fun. We could always watch a movie tomorrow." I finish my food and sit there for a minute "I have to go get my sneakers from my bag, I don't think I can walk in any other shoes."

Brad cleans everything up from dinner and I get ready then we call and talk to the girls for a little before we decide to go for our walk.

We get out the door walking towards the trail and Brad takes my hand holding it in his "This is a little different than I remember, I guess things here have really changed."

"Things seem to really be changing all the time now." I look at all the different things of nature around us. The leaves we're stepping on, trees we're walking under, birds we hear chirping, even the annoying bugs. They make everything seem peaceful "This is a really beautiful trail, and it's so quiet."

Brad watches a butterfly that's been flying around us land on a branch "Maybe everyone is looking at the nature."

I rest my head on his shoulder as we continue walking and look at a few of the leaves that are in the middle of changing color "I think we should take the girls to a pumpkin patch. It's something that they would like."

"Are you sure?" He asks in his way of letting me know he's worried "That's a lot of walking."

"I know it is, but it'll be worth it to see them having fun."